The Student Room Group

AQA Buss3 revision thread (June 2014)

I thought I'll create a revision thread for buss3 since i can't find here on the tsr, so how is everyone feeling for this exam, any predictions on what might come any exam technique please share

EXAM DATE: FRIDAY 13 JUNE 2014

buss 3 revision presentations

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/aqa-buss3-revision-presentations

buss 3 model answers
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2130-W-TRB-ERAC.PDF
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Want to share notes?
Reply 3
Original post by eamonkeane
Want to share notes?

Sure what you got
Reply 4
Thanks for the notes. Literally ****ting this. Learnt it so long ago its all flown out of my head. The grade boundaries seem quite lenient:

BUSINESS STUDIES UNIT 3 Overall Marks=80 A=56 B=51 C=46 D=41

You got any tips on how I can go about this seeing as I learnt it all so long ago?

It literally looks like there is so much to revise
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by mr T 999
I thought I'll create a revision thread for buss3 since i can't find here on the tsr, so how is everyone feeling for this exam, any predictions on what might come any exam technique please share

EXAM DATE: FRIDAY 13 JUNE 2014

buss 3 revision presentations

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/aqa-buss3-revision-presentations

buss 3 model answers
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2130-W-TRB-ERAC.PDF

Thanks for the links! useful :smile:

So nervous though for the exam.
Reply 6
Original post by SkyPlus
Thanks for the notes. Literally ****ting this. Learnt it so long ago its all flown out of my head. The grade boundaries seem quite lenient:

You got any tips on how I can go about this seeing as I learnt it all so long ago?

Omg literally the same as me.. Learnt it all so long ago, and during classs all we have been doing is UNIT 4, so I'm dying aha, nervous. Ive been using a lot of flash cards though, I think they're a great source of revision (personally), as you can write so little so at least certain words stay in your mind and act as triggers.

Although the grade boundaries seem to be quite lenient, I've read a few posts previously on TSR and previous years got grades much lower than they hoped for, so I hope this year they'll go a bit nicer on us.

Fingers crossed.
Reply 7
Original post by SkyPlus

If i were you i would just learn the formulas and ratios and know how to use them, especially the NPV, payback period and CPA , also learn the definitions :smile:

Apart from that practice past papers and look at the mark scheme and examiners reports see what the examiners are looking for

Remember all the answers are in the case study so even if you have less revision you can still get a decent grade
Reply 8
everyone check this video out by tutor 2 u i thinks its really useful it goes thorough the npv, payback period and stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2HdsrwXHs#t=62
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
If i were you i would just learn the formulas and ratios and know how to use them, especially the NPV, payback period and CPA , also learn the definitions :smile:

Apart from that practice past papers and look at the mark scheme and examiners reports see what the examiners are looking for

Remember all the answers are in the case study so even if you have less revision you can still get a decent grade

Thanks for that. Sounds like a good idea, they give you all the formulas so I guess I should just learn when to apply and yes you're right about all the answers being I the case study. Chilled me out a bit!
Can someone give me a list of the formulas (payback etc) please?
Also, is anyone able to run through how to answer each question?
Reply 12
Original post by SkyPlus
Thanks for that. Sounds like a good idea, they give you all the formulas so I guess I should just learn when to apply and yes you're right about all the answers being I the case study. Chilled me out a bit!

Did you checked the video above its really useful its basically a 40 min video with a guy explaining through slideshows how to calculate and use the npv,payback period...
Reply 13
Original post by liamingram
Can someone give me a list of the formulas (payback etc) please?

check the video above it goes through them
Reply 14
how did everyone find the exam?
how did everyone find the exam?

Not bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending