The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

PRIZE WINNER for 10/07/2014

:woo: Spotify95 :yay:

Original post by spotify95
How can darts not be a sport? :rolleyes:

Darts IS a sport.

[SIZE="2"]Was the winning post in the Greatest sportsmanthread.

I'll be in contact with you via PM as well to arrange your prize.

It's that simple people. Posts mean prizes. :woo:
PRIZE WINNER for 11/07/2014

:woo: Zerforax :yay:

Original post by Zerforax
At this moment in time I think:

Man City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Man Utd
Spurs
Everton

But then there's a long summer of signings yet to go.

[SIZE="2"]Was the winning post in the
[h="1"]predictions for next season based on speculation?[/h]
thread.

PRIZE WINNER for 12/07/2014

:woo: Stinkum :yay:
Original post by Stinkum
No!! you're gonna jinx it. I don't mind Argentina, it's just that I REALLY don't want to see Messi win a world cup, I would be devastated

I'd like to see holland win today, preferably a thrashing something like 5-0, I want to see more Brazilian tears being shed and more controversy in the Brazil camp. i've got a holland team shirt and a brazil one, but gonna put on my holland shirt during the game and shout at the tv screen. how about u?

Was the winning post in the Messithread.

PRIZE WINNER for 13/07/2014

:woo: Kenan And Kel :yay:

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Yeah very disappointing by his standards. Aguero too, not good enough breaking on the counter.

Was the winning post in the World Cup finalthread.

[QUOTE="Motorbiker;48566389"]PRIZE WINNER for 10/07/2014

:woo: Spotify95 :yay:

Was the winning post in the Greatest sportsmanthread.

Oh my gosh, I won! Thank you! :smile:

I'll respond to your PM very shortly :smile:

:happy2:
Original post by Motorbiker
PRIZE WINNER for 12/07/2014

:woo: Stinkum :yay:

Was the winning post in the Messithread.

OMG so it's real! It's actually real! I feel special. I've never won anything in my life!! Thanks Motorbiker
Original post by Stinkum
OMG so it's real! It's actually real! I feel special. I've never won anything in my life!! Thanks Motorbiker

That's good - welcome to the winners circle! :biggrin:

This competition's been going for quite a while now, did you hear about it before? :smile:

PS - If I'm correct, we will be moving to another section from tomorrow, so keep posting in the selected section and who knows, you might win again (unless previous winners are taken out of subsequent draws?)
(edited 9 years ago)

This competition's been going for quite a while now, did you hear about it before? :smile:

Hey spotify! I've heard mention of some kind of raffle deal, but I never looked into it, until I received a pleasant surprise from Motorbiker. Such a kind gesture from a stranger!

But I'm not sure if I should give out my address, I feel a bit reluctant to be honest, it's private information, I don't know...:frown::confused: is it safe?
Also YES, I agree - darts IS a sport! How can anyone say it's not?! how dare they! :smile:
Original post by Stinkum
Hey spotify! I've heard mention of some kind of raffle deal, but I never looked into it, until I received a pleasant surprise from Motorbiker. Such a kind gesture from a stranger!

But I'm not sure if I should give out my address, I feel a bit reluctant to be honest, it's private information, I don't know...:frown::confused: is it safe?

Yep, this is the one. :smile: It used to be site wide, although now it is just for specific forums and sub forums. :smile:

Don't worry, this is totally safe. :smile: If you look further down (or up, depending on how you have it set) the thread, you'll see that other users have received their prizes from this competition. :smile: So, to confirm, it is 100% safe and if you reply to Motorbiker's PM, including choice of prize and where to send it to, then you should get the selected prize within a few days. :smile:
Won a prize for sharing my incredible football analysis.

It’s simple to get involved, all you need to do is post on The Student Room in the forum of the week and you’ll get entered into a draw to win a prize.

Forum of the week: Food and Drink

July 15th to 21st

Click here to go to the Food and Drink forum now

Top Threads to get you started

Or create a new thread in Food and Drink now! It can be about anything you want, Favourite drink? Best way to eat a pineapple? Favourite condiment? (Actually, these threads are genius, i should go make them.... ) .

How it works?

Every time you post in the Food and Drink Forum, your name gets entered into the TSR daily prize draw. The more you post in the forum, the more times you will be entered; boosting your chances of winning a prize.

The winner will be announced the next day everyday (except on a weekend, 3 winners will be announced on Monday for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

What do you need to do if you win?

Nothing! We'll contact you and arrange the delivery of the prize. :smile:

Prizes:

Here is a list of prizes you could win:

Fitness Kit

Speakers

Frozen on DVD

Skull Candy Headphones

Cadbury's Treasure Box

Student Cookbook

Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

Cinema Voucher

Terms and conditions:

All prizes must be claimed within 14 days.

Posts must be constructive.

We do not allow spam posting.

All posts have to abide by the community guidelines that have been set. If you are unsure of the CG click here!

If you create a post as an “anonymous” user, this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

If your post has been reported or has been warned, this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

If you delete your post this post will not be counted towards your daily total of posts.

This also is a dedicated thread for discussion around the prize draw, In this thread you can see results from each day and a create a few discussions (congratulate the winner and talk about your prizes!).
Oh my gosh, I won! Thank you! :smile:

I'll respond to your PM very shortly :smile:

:happy2:

Had to happen eventually with the amount you were following the comp/posting!

Original post by Stinkum

:woo: :bl: Congrats! :bl: :woo:

PS - If I'm correct, we will be moving to another section from tomorrow, so keep posting in the selected section and who knows, you might win again (unless previous winners are taken out of subsequent draws?)

It's already moved. And i've not deliberately exlcuded anyone yet as no-one has won twice yet. I think i'd allow it as otherwise it would not encourage those after winning once. :wink:

Original post by Stinkum

It's very safe. I'm a fully DBS checked employee of TSR at the moment. Your address will be used to send you the prize then deleted in line with Data protection.

Yep, this is the one. :smile: It used to be site wide, although now it is just for specific forums and sub forums. :smile:

Don't worry, this is totally safe. :smile: If you look further down (or up, depending on how you have it set) the thread, you'll see that other users have received their prizes from this competition. :smile: So, to confirm, it is 100% safe and if you reply to Motorbiker's PM, including choice of prize and where to send it to, then you should get the selected prize within a few days. :smile:

My aim is to try and get more people sharing pictures of prizes! So far i think we've seen one cadbury box and one fitness kit. My goal is to get a lot more in here. Maybe ask for mini reivews of the prizes to help future people decide. :tongue:

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Won a prize for sharing my incredible football analysis.

Better than 99% of the "PMFG" or "Lol, Brazil suck" comments in that thread. Dat random selection skills.
Also, i am going to smash the advertising of this comp tomorrow.

I've been too relaxed about it imo.
Ooh, it's gone to food and drink? Fantastic :smile:

Another new area to check out! :smile:
Also, i am going to smash the advertising of this comp tomorrow.

I've been too relaxed about it imo.

Great idea. :smile: That way more people will be aware of the comp and we'll have more posts :smile:

Also, I've added a short notice into my signature, about the comp. :smile:
Ooh, it's gone to food and drink? Fantastic :smile:

Another new area to check out! :smile:

:yep:

My plan is to get many more threads created as well as people joining in with existing conversation... *hint*

Great idea. :smile: That way more people will be aware of the comp and we'll have more posts :smile:

Also, I've added a short notice into my signature, about the comp. :smile:

Announcement live across Chat atm. :ninja:
:yep:

My plan is to get many more threads created as well as people joining in with existing conversation... *hint*

Announcement live across Chat atm. :ninja:

Thanks, that's a great idea. :smile: I've just seen the announcement in the Chatter section of the forum. :smile:
Thanks, that's a great idea. :smile: I've just seen the announcement in the Chatter section of the forum. :smile:

I think "this or that" or "Which is your favourite X" threads relating to food tend to do the best.

Nostalgic ones looking back at brands we used to know are good, that one thread, linked to in OP, has like 250k views and over 2 k comments! :eek:
What is the BEST condiment?

WE have Ketchup, Brown sauce, mayo and mustard facing off. :yep:

Latest