The Student Room Group

John Locke Essay Competition 2023

Hey, did anyone submit an essay to the John Locke Institute Essay Comp this year? I did a law question.

Scroll to see replies

Cool and I have never done a law essay myself.
Original post by EmmaAmber123456
Hey, did anyone submit an essay to the John Locke Institute Essay Comp this year? I did a law question.

Hi did you receive a confirmation email after the submission? I did not receive any confirmation that my submission is accepted or not.
Btw, I did a economics question.
Original post by Lychee1222222222
Hi did you receive a confirmation email after the submission? I did not receive any confirmation that my submission is accepted or not.

Hey no I did not receive a confirmation either, but i don't think its anything to worry about
Reply 4
Original post by Lychee1222222222

Hey there! I believe if you log back into the registration page you can check the status of your submission- it will most likely say accepted, in which case you're all set!

If you don't mind me asking, which economics question did you tackle? They all looked very difficult so I decided to do a law and history essay instead lol.
Reply 5

Yep, I submitted a law and history essay!

Which law question did you choose? All of them looked really interesting to try but I decided to go with the first one.
Original post by StudyGhost

Which law question did you choose? All of them looked really interesting to try but I decided to go with the first one.

Hey! I wrote an essay on the first topic for law too :smile: How did you find it?

Ahh nicee, i chose the second question though I also found the first question quite interesting!
Reply 8
Hi!! I did the philosophy one :smile: Second question to be specific haha. You see the confirmation when you log in to your account
Reply 9
Original post by blankblankkk
Hey! I wrote an essay on the first topic for law too :smile: How did you find it?

Sorry for the late reply!

You did the first question too, that's awesome! I definitely found the question difficult in the sense that there were SO many ways to go about it and set up an argument. I ended up arguing that having more women on the Supreme Court wouldn't bring more justice since I personally think that's true and there were plenty of ways to defend my claim. How did you go about answering the question?
Ahh nicee, i chose the second question though I also found the first question quite interesting!

I was contemplating trying the second one, it was super cool! I had a few ideas but couldn't quite come up with a solid idea for an essay though haha. What'd you argue for the second question?
Reply 11
Hey, I submitted essays for politics and economics. Has anybody received notification of a shortlist yet?
Reply 12
Original post by pjpjpj
Hey, I submitted essays for politics and economics. Has anybody received notification of a shortlist yet?

Hi they come out on the 31st of July!
I did, it was a long journey writing it but I’m so glad I did, even if I’m not shortlisted tomorrow. I did question 1, which did you do and what did you argue?
Reply 14
Sorry for the late reply!

You did the first question too, that's awesome! I definitely found the question difficult in the sense that there were SO many ways to go about it and set up an argument. I ended up arguing that having more women on the Supreme Court wouldn't bring more justice since I personally think that's true and there were plenty of ways to defend my claim. How did you go about answering the question?

I also did law Q1 and opposed the statement. I talked about gender dichotomy, affirmative action and patriarchy. Honestly don’t know if they were any good…
Hey, good luck to everyone for tomorrow’s results! Does anyone know what percentage of applicants normally get shortlisted (for Law)?
Reply 16
Original post by blankblankkk
Hey, good luck to everyone for tomorrow’s results! Does anyone know what percentage of applicants normally get shortlisted (for Law)?

10-20%? Not too sure
Reply 17
Hey!! I'm a student from New York and I did Psychology Q3! Was this a popular question this year, and for those that did it, how was it?

Also, good luck to everyone!
Reply 18
I did Politics Q2, scared about tomorrow!! So many people saying that a large percentage get shortlisted and some saying that only a small % do.
Reply 19
Anyone know what time the results come out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending