The Student Room Group

OCR MEI M1 June 12th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fariko-Blaze
Found it good, got all the same answers apart from Q2 pt ii, where it said find the mass, when you show that k=-4 you then get (-4*5j) + (4.5j) + (wj) =0

so wj = 15.5j

mass = 15.5/9.8 = 1.58kg

I can't see what I've done wrong, people are saying they got 2.5kg, but that meant losing the sign on the 4.5? Anyone aha? Unless I misread it...

You have messed up your signs most definitely.

That exam was one of the easiest I have ever done in my life, half of the questions they had just checked your answers to previous questions for you.
Original post by AR_95
I don't get it. Why would the cannon ball fly a further distance if the acceleration is 9.8. Horizontal displacement is given by x = ut so vertical acceleration doesn't affect horizontal displacement??I said it had no effect :/

Surely common sense tells you if it loses its vertical speed slower and gains downward speed slower it hangs in the air for longer and so will travel further?
Original post by will init blud
You have messed up your signs most definitely.

That exam was one of the easiest I have ever done in my life, half of the questions they had just checked your answers to previous questions for you.

Yeah must have done, other than that though should have got everything else, was fairly easy
grade boundary estimates? lower than 49??
Original post by Louiehunt
if that was for the second last question, i think you may have got it wrong, I went through all the workings out without adding G for the component of the weight down the slope and I got 3.44, but when it came to the next question, Nothing i did got my answer of T=2300N from (ii).. then i realised and went back through it and got 0.351 degrees which then allowed the next question to give 2300N (2dp)

Yeah you're right, buggered up that paper nicely...

Nevermind, hopefully pick up some method marks
Reply 245
Does anyone have pictures of this paper or know which thread I can get them from please?
^ Anyone with the question paper pictures? It would help us a lot, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending