The Student Room Group

ISIS in Iraq megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reform
Walaykum salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu.

Certain factions of the FSA / SRF etc..

:yy:
Original post by Ganhad
Go on the islamic awakening forum they had a great debate on this with evidence and everything. i was lurking ;P

i don't have time for wahhabis and their 0/10 books on tawhid which are embarrassing to read.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Prove that these groups are khawaarij

- Ansaar Al Islaam
- Jaysh al mujahideen
- Jaysh an naqshbandiyyah (a sufi group fighting the regime)
- The Revolutionary military councils.

They are all fighting the regime.

Is khawaariji even a word?

It's either Khaariji or Khawaarij no?

I don't need to prove anything, anyone with half a brain cell and who isn't blind can see that many affiliates of these groups are murdering people, primarily because they don't fit their definition of what a "true Muslim" is. Disgusting khawaarij. I find it very difficult to believe that they have not been trained by the CIA.

Sunnis who are fighting because they have been oppressed, by the oppressive Shia government I have no problem with. Just like the Sunnis who have had to witness their wives being raped by Assad's forced, and thereafter having their children slaughtered in front of them.

But the truth is that many of these "fighters" are egotistical, ugly, power hungry animals who are an embarrassment to Muslims.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by interact
I don't need to prove anything, anyone with half a brain cell and who isn't blind can see that many affiliates of these groups are murdering people, primarily because they don't fit their definition of what a "true Muslim" is. Disgusting khawaarij. I find it very difficult to believe that they have not been trained by the CIA.

Sunnis who are fighting because they have been oppressed, by the oppressive Shia government I have no problem with. Just like the Sunnis who have had to witness their wives being raped by Assad's forced, and thereafter having their children slaughtered in front of them.

But the truth is that many of these "fighters" are egotistical, ugly, power hungry animals who are an embarrassment to Muslims.

as salaamu alaykum (sorry forgot it in my initial post)

I'm afraid you do akhi or at least you owe a clarification as you seem to have contradicted yourself!

before you said

There is no sectarian strife

now you say

Sunnis who are fighting because they have been oppressed, by the oppressive Shia government I have no problem

Thats sectarian strife no?

I'm going to ignore the rest of the post as this kinnda makes the rest of it difficult to respond to without an answer here first.

jazakumullahu khairan.
(edited 9 years ago)
as salaamu alaykum (sorry forgot it in my initial post)

I'm afraid you do akhi or at least you owe a clarification as you seem to have contradicted yourself!

before you said

now you say

I'm going to ignore the rest of the post as this kinnda makes the rest of it difficult to respond to without an answer here first.

jazakumullahu khairan.

Walaikum Asalam brother

You haven't asked a question, so I don't know want you want an answer for, but I haven't contradicted myself. There is no sectarian strife, Shias and Sunnia were getting a long perfectly fine, they have done so for hundreds of years until certain western forces decided to play on the spilt for their own advantages. They love destabilisation and conflict between Muslims, it provides them easy access to the natural resources in the Middles East. ISIS is an arm of Saudi-sponsored global Salafi-takfiris, who we know are supported and protected by the USA and UK. This is no coincidence. Haider al-Khoie got it right on Newsnight and a rather frazzled Robin Yassin-Kassab agreed.

They loved Saddam for many years when he allowed them access to their oil and when he refused their contracts, he got overthrown. Wahabbis, who are usually not Arab but Arab wannabes, or Somalians have failed to realise that Western forces have for years played on the Sunni-Shia divide, using Saudi Arabia to instigate the tensions, thinking that they are defending Islam when in fact they are nothing more than puppets who are creating untold misery for millions of Muslims, and displacing millions. The Saudis obviously make the most of the sunni-shia spilt, that's why they're still in power.

So there is no sectarian strife per se, until it is hyped up by those in power for their own purposes. Now those in power in Iraq are Shia, and are abusing Sunnis, but the average shia is not responsible for this, just like the average sunni isn't for the abuse of Shias in Pakistan. I hope that has cleared my position.
Reply 585
Walaikum Asalam brother

You haven't asked a question, so I don't know want you want an answer for, but I haven't contradicted myself. There is no sectarian strife, Shias and Sunnia were getting a long perfectly fine, they have done so for hundreds of years until certain western forces decided to play on the spilt for their own advantages. They love destabilisation and conflict between Muslims, it provides them easy access to the natural resources in the Middles East. ISIS is an arm of Saudi-sponsored global Salafi-takfiris, who we know are supported and protected by the USA and UK. This is no coincidence. Haider al-Khoie got it right on Newsnight and a rather frazzled Robin Yassin-Kassab agreed.

They loved Saddam for many years when he allowed them access to their oil and when he refused their contracts, he got overthrown. Wahabbis, who are usually not Arab but Arab wannabes, or Somalians have failed to realise that Western forces have for years played on the Sunni-Shia divide, using Saudi Arabia to instigate the tensions, thinking that they are defending Islam when in fact they are nothing more than puppets who are creating untold misery for millions of Muslims, and displacing millions. The Saudis obviously make the most of the sunni-shia spilt, that's why they're still in power.

So there is no sectarian strife per se, until it is hyped up by those in power for their own purposes. Now those in power in Iraq are Shia, and are abusing Sunnis, but the average shia is not responsible for this, just like the average sunni isn't for the abuse of Shias in Pakistan. I hope that has cleared my position.

Seems legit...
This whole thing just once again reminds me of the brilliant Sheikh Buti, may Glod bless his beautiful soul. Muslims were too stupid to take heed of his words, the khawaarij blew his head.
Just to clarify, there are many Saudi Wahabbis but those out of Saudi arabia who feel the need to defend playing football with a human beings head, because he isn't following Islam the way you think it should be practiced, are usually wannabe Aabs or Somalians. Thank you.
Walaikum Asalam brother

I asked you to prove that the groups i listed were khawaarij.
You said you didn't need to.
I said yes you do as you stated there was no sectarian strife
You made this post.

That makes your position more clear, although i largely see it as irrelevant (relevant to clarification though) given that i was specifically referring to the current situation and none of the history,

We had different views of the word "sectarian" in this context so i wasn't clear on what you were saying.

2 quick questions to wrap everything up

1) do you make a distinction between shia' and raafidah.
2) do you call those groups i listed khawaarij.
(edited 9 years ago)
This whole thing just once again reminds me of the brilliant Sheikh Buti, may Glod bless his beautiful soul. Muslims were too stupid to take heed of his words, the khawaarij blew his head.

I don't think dwarfs have the divinity to bless anyone.

You do know that either Nuh Ha Mim Keller or Muhammad Al Yacoubi (I can't remember which or if it was both) said the regime killed him because he was going to defect and none of the rebels took responsibility for it?
I asked you to prove that the groups i listed were khawaarij.
You said you didn't need to.
I said yes you do as you stated there was no sectarian strife
You made this post.

That makes your position more clear, although i largely see it as irrelevant (relevant to clarification though) given that i was specifically referring to the current situation and none of the history,

We had different views of the word "sectarian" in this context so i wasn't clear on what you were saying.

2 quick questions to wrap everything up

1) do you make a distinction between shia' and raafidah.
2) do you call those groups i listed khawaarij.

1) yes, I personally know many Shias who accept the four rightly guided khalifahs. I still don't believe it is acceptable to murder anyone for being a "raafidah" though, and i never will.

2) I don't categorically label everyone from those groups as khawaarij, but anyone who thinks they have God's permission to go and chop someones head off because he is a shia, then i think of them as khawarij. i despise them, and they are responsible for the tensions and disunity between Muslims in the middle East.
You do know that either Nuh Ha Mim Keller or Muhammad Al Yacoubi (I can't remember which or if it was both) said the regime killed him because he was going to defect and none of the rebels took responsibility for it?

Defect to what? He never defended the regime like some wahabbis have claimed.
Original post by Skip_Snip
I don't think dwarfs have the divinity to bless anyone.

oopsy daisy
1) yes, I personally know many Shias who accept the four rightly guided khalifahs. I still don't believe it is acceptable to murder anyone for being a "raafidah" though, and i never will.

2) I don't categorically label everyone from those groups as khawaarij, but anyone who thinks they have God's permission to go and chop someones head off because he is a shia, then i think of them as khawarij. i despise them, and they are responsible for the tensions and disunity between Muslims in the middle East.

1) yup good, same here.

2) I see. Islamically speaking that would make them takfeeriyoon rather than khawaarij wouldn't it? The usool of the madhab of the khawaarij is their takfeer on kabaair and khurooj no?
1) yup good, same here.

2) I see. Islamically speaking that would make them takfeeriyoon rather than khawaarij wouldn't it? The usool of the madhab of the khawaarij is their takfeer on kabaair and khurooj no?

oh ok, then they are the takfeeriyoon :smile:
Defect to what? He never defended the regime like some wahabbis have claimed.

He was going to categorically expose the regimes crimes is what was said, i think it was Muhammad al Yacoubi who said it who is known to be in good contact with him.
oh ok, then they are the takfeeriyoon :smile:

That's if they are guilt
That's if they are guilt

I'm gonna stick to calling them khawaarj, "the Kharijites were particularly noted for adopting a radical approach to Takfir, whereby they declared other Muslims to be unbelievers and therefore deemed them worthy of death"

I'm not too bothered if they are actually guilty or not by your standards of whether they are khawarij or "kafirooniyah" when they evidently don't care about assessing whether Muslims are actually guilty of their dubious charges, before deciding to chop their heads off, and widow hundreds of women and leave thousands of children fatherless
He was going to categorically expose the regimes crimes is what was said, i think it was Muhammad al Yacoubi who said it who is known to be in good contact with him.

Even so, he categorically stated that Muslims should not engage in fighting because in the long run it is only going to cause more deaths for Muslims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending