The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Biology F214 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

For the acclimitsiation question I wrote about acetylcholinesterase and also about the refractary period is that ok for the mark?
Reply 41
Original post by jollygood
Chlorophyll b is accessory pigment. Check page no 61. The description of fig 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urghh i put just chlorophyll for the primary pigment. Knew i should have put chlorophyll a :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by milworthy
For the acclimitsiation question I wrote about acetylcholinesterase and also about the refractary period is that ok for the mark?

i put refractory too but havent heard that answer form anyone else so I dont know :/
Reply 43
Would putting ATP & RUBp get thr mark instead of the whole name ?
I put transuders as being able to convert different types of energy into nerve impulses...would this be correct?

I also put GP (Glucose-3-phosphate)...would I get marked down?

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 45
45/46 is the marks i have calculated for me - hopevfully an A :s please ocr
The question about paracetemol said it was an activated receptor so I think it should be post synaptic membrane, and because acetly choline will bind there so less Na+ ions will open so less depolarisation of the post synaptic neurone. I don't think it will bind and block the normal receptors surely?
Reply 47
Original post by teamvezon10
It's in the heinman book, but I don't think many people read that bit, lol I do physics and physics wouldn't of helped me with that.

Its just ocr being awkward, again.

I use my revision notes a2 bio an the book does mention how sensory receptors are energy transducers
Disagree with a few but as far as unofficial mark schemes go, this is incredibly well written. Thankyou :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by ssflcb
Would putting ATP & RUBp get thr mark instead of the whole name ?

For the RuBP I don't think so. I do remember it saying name the product (for ATP) but I have seen a similar question and you could just write ATP so I think you're alright.
Reply 50
Original post by Laurenda221
I put transuders as being able to convert different types of energy into nerve impulses...would this be correct?

I also put GP (Glucose-3-phosphate)...would I get marked down?

Thanks!

For the transducers I think so, but for the GP I think you wont get the mark because it is a direct contradiction.
Reply 51
The question about paracetemol said it was an activated receptor so I think it should be post synaptic membrane, and because acetly choline will bind there so less Na+ ions will open so less depolarisation of the post synaptic neurone. I don't think it will bind and block the normal receptors surely?

thats what i thought as it did say TRPA1 was a protein receptor, so surely being a receptor acetylcholine will bind to it rather than the TRPA1 (a receptor) binding to another receptor??
Reply 52
Original post by spleenharvester
Disagree with a few but as far as unofficial mark schemes go, this is incredibly well written. Thankyou :smile:

please tell me which ones you would change so I can add
Original post by 2102
thats what i thought as it did say TRPA1 was a protein receptor, so surely being a receptor acetylcholine will bind to it rather than the TRPA1 (a receptor) binding to another receptor??

fairly sure this is right because this is what my friends wrote as well
Original post by Mule
For the transducers I think so, but for the GP I think you wont get the mark because it is a direct contradiction.

ok thanks
Reply 55
fairly sure this is right because this is what my friends wrote as well

lets hope so, i need all the marks i can get!
For why does the impulse stop question or whatever, I put that because it is only a low level stimulus, the presynaptic neurons don't secrete many Ach, therefore not enough generator potential to induce an action potential on the post synaptic membrane. :L
Reply 57
For the parasite question, wasn't it asking how parasites are adapted?
- I put that they have low oxygen requirements and they can tolerate low pH levels.
I marked harshly but probably accurately and (assuming the mark scheme is accurate) got around 36/37. Thats D territory right? :frown:

Absolutely gutted, but my A in the coursework should level it out to around a C. Which means I need a high B in F215 to get a solid B for A2 (and therefore get a B overall).

So much pressure now; thought I was better at F214 than F215 too!
Original post by chi80
For the parasite question, wasn't it asking how parasites are adapted?
- I put that they have low oxygen requirements and they can tolerate low pH levels.

the question was why not how

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending