The Student Room Group

A level biology help!!

Does anyone have any resources for the practicals that we have to know for our exams for OCR A? I don't know how to revise/learn the practicals, any advice?
You could try PMT. I know they notes for practicals for other exam boards, so they probably will have for OCR A aswell. I'd also recommend watching videos on the practicals and just check your past papers and see what they are asking.
I do the Edexcel spec but this advice applies to all exam boards in my opinion:
watch videos (freesciencelessons or Miss Estruch are really good) and take down notes from there. Make sure to write the notes in your own words. Then summarise the practical in simple terms so it becomes more clear.
After you have done this, do a lot of past paper questions and check the mark scheme to see where you messed up, and write down the mark scheme answer for those questions so you don't repeat the mistake.
Hope this helps <3
Reply 3
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
You could try PMT. I know they notes for practicals for other exam boards, so they probably will have for OCR A aswell. I'd also recommend watching videos on the practicals and just check your past papers and see what they are asking.

For ocr a Biology alevel practical 12 is a research practical what would you be doing, in terms of what is the research about and would they provide me with a topic to research and only then and there in the lab I’d be researching that specified topic? What is that practical about?

Quick Reply

Latest