The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Definitely harder than past years. Everyone in my school came out looking rather forlorn.
Question with diols? What the ****.
Reply 2
Basically had to draw the ester and the carboxylic acid symmetrically as there were 2 OH groups, if I'm right that is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yes I definitely think harder than any past paper! Did anyone get an ans for the one asking for the amount of energy released for every kg of CO2 released?
Also my multiple choice were BCBCDBBACA if anyone has theirs to compare :L :L
Original post by Somebody503
Yes I definitely think harder than any past paper! Did anyone get an ans for the one asking for the amount of energy released for every kg of CO2 released?

i got a lot of B's and C's and maybe 2 A's. do you remember what question you put D for?
I thought the multiple choice was good. Rest of the paper was okay but the last few pages about drawing the structures was hard :/

Can't remember my answer, but I know I used the fact that there were 4 moles of CO2 released, when the energy released was as said, and then figured how much energy would be released when there was 1kg CO2 released. Sound familiar?
Reply 7
Original post by Sheepish153
Can't remember my answer, but I know I used the fact that there were 4 moles of CO2 released, when the energy released was as said, and then figured how much energy would be released when there was 1kg CO2 released. Sound familiar?

Ah yes i used the same method! So hopefully same answer!
Reply 8
Original post by Dj-in-da-house
i got a lot of B's and C's and maybe 2 A's. do you remember what question you put D for?

My D was for q.5 i said 1-bromopropane and potassium cyanide mix to give c4h7n
Worst test ever, like I literally couldn't answer majority of the paper apart from multiple choice that was nice
Reply 10
For the multiple choice q.9 i wasnt sure if it was a free radical substitution or a nucleophilic substitution??
For the multiple choice q.9 i wasnt sure if it was a free radical substitution or a nucleophilic substitution??

I thought it was elimination...because H2 was eliminated.

What was the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i said electrophillic addition lol. some people in my class put free radical substitution but i dont know the right answer!

I thought it would be too but that doesn't explain the gain of 69...surely it would gain 71 in mass if it was addition?

is this about the chlorine being added and increased the mass by 69 ...i thot that was electrophillic addiction lol
Original post by Frank the Tankk
I thought it would be too but that doesn't explain the gain of 69...surely it would gain 71 in mass if it was addition?

thats what i thought too but i then i somehow told myself that 2 hydrogens are taken off :/
is this about the chlorine being added and increased the mass by 69 ...i thot that was electrophillic addiction lol

But 71=rfm of chlorine x2 ie two Cl atoms added, 3 H atoms lost?

Same i put electrophilic addition, I think that's right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Who knows :L the molecular mass had increased by 69... so i thought cl2 had been added on and 2 hydrogens removed but im not sure what thats called :L
My D was for q.5 i said 1-bromopropane and potassium cyanide mix to give c4h7n

I think i got an A for that...comparing answers doesnt seem to be a good idea anymore :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending