The Student Room Group

How should i spend my time

Hi, iam am sitting biology, chemistry, Physics and maths as levels in may. The exam board is ccea, i tried making notes but it didnt really work durning the first turn. I wanted to try making flashcards but have realised it would take a while to backlog topics
Should i;
1) ignore current topics to try and catch up previous topics.
2) spread out the making of flashcards, but not giving me a lot of time to use them
3) not backlog and just focus on the new topics
4) spent 4 weeks catching up and doing new topics but i may be burnt out by may.
I have already tried looking online but i coulnt fine any. Please let me know your advice or any places where i could find ccea flashcards. Thanks
Original post by Pritterm
Hi, iam am sitting biology, chemistry, Physics and maths as levels in may. The exam board is ccea, i tried making notes but it didnt really work durning the first turn. I wanted to try making flashcards but have realised it would take a while to backlog topics
Should i;
1) ignore current topics to try and catch up previous topics.
2) spread out the making of flashcards, but not giving me a lot of time to use them
3) not backlog and just focus on the new topics
4) spent 4 weeks catching up and doing new topics but i may be burnt out by may.
I have already tried looking online but i coulnt fine any. Please let me know your advice or any places where i could find ccea flashcards. Thanks

1) No you should not ignore current topics. Focus on understanding current topics and supplement this revision with older topics (bit by bit). Say one topic a day.
2) I personally didn't use flashcards in A levels (only did during GCSE = worst decision) as I find them a waste of time.
3) I got straight As and did the same A levels (except physics) and this is my biggest tip:

Do basic notes = addressing all the syllabus points, and read them once

Do all the ppqs (every year) = add to notes

Review notes

When you don't understand a question = write everything you know of the sub-topic the question is testing you on.

Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
1) No you should not ignore current topics. Focus on understanding current topics and supplement this revision with older topics (bit by bit). Say one topic a day.
2) I personally didn't use flashcards in A levels (only did during GCSE = worst decision) as I find them a waste of time.
3) I got straight As and did the same A levels (except physics) and this is my biggest tip:

Do basic notes = addressing all the syllabus points, and read them once

Do all the ppqs (every year) = add to notes

Review notes

When you don't understand a question = write everything you know of the sub-topic the question is testing you on.

Thanks! This seems like great advice. Also congrats on your amazing results
Hiya fellow ccea applicant i did my a levels in 2022 so remember it well
I’d make sure u prioritise what u dont know! Do lots of practice papers and revision questions to solidify knowledge
Good luck!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ebyrne2036
Hiya fellow ccea applicant i did my a levels in 2022 so remember it well
I’d make sure u prioritise what u dont know! Do lots of practice papers and revision questions to solidify knowledge
Good luck!

Great thanks. Would you happen to know any ccea friendly resources
Erm there should b some revision books u can get mabye u can borrow them from library’s or charity shops if u don’t want to pay full price or even vinted. I know theirs some videos on YouTube if u hv a look and bbc Bitesize just to recap basics can also b useful. I know they hv past papers on their website as well so worth checking their
Reply 6
Great thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest