The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What did anyone get for the question u had to work out the mass for a 40% yield or something
Reply 41
Original post by jacklad445
What did anyone get for the question u had to work out the mass for a 40% yield or something

i got 7.4!
Original post by kdjijhfk
i got 7.4!

I got 7 something aswell:smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Dj-in-da-house
Same! I got A too :biggrin:

What did everyone get for the 5 mark question about why the structure was a Z isomer?

Oh yes what did everyone get for that?? Think i may have messed that up! I looked at atomic numbers?
Reply 44
Original post by jacklad445
I got 7 something aswell:smile:

what did u get for that energy per kg one? really didnt know how to do that
Original post by Meggggan
Yepp, thats what i thought too! Qhat about the one when you had to put molecules in order of boiling point??

I had A for that: asthe one with OH has the highest boiling point because of hydrogen bonding, the one with the fluorine is polar so it's second strongest and the one with the CH3 is last because it only has Van der Waal's.
Reply 46
Original post by James1405
I had A for that: asthe one with OH has the highest boiling point because of hydrogen bonding, the one with the fluorine is polar so it's second strongest and the one with the CH3 is last because it only has Van der Waal's.

it went ch3 oh f
fluorine is polar and hydrogen bonds aswell
Reply 47
does anyone know if refluxing the alcohol went to aldehyde or acid??
Original post by Somebody503
Oh yes what did everyone get for that?? Think i may have messed that up! I looked at atomic numbers?

I said stuff like 2 different groups on the C and talked about the highest priority groups being on the same side don't have a clue! -.-
Original post by Gallo123
it went ch3 oh f

Damn, I never thought of that. From memory I think that the fluorine has to have a hydrogen actually attached to it for it to H bond but I am pretty sure that your right.

It was a primary alcohol so I said it went to a carboxylic acid but I think aldehyde is also acceptable :smile:

It goes to acid. I ended up with my organic product being COOHCOOH (two carbons each with a -OH branch and a =O branch)
Reply 52
Why was that product the major product? If you know which q i mean haha
it went ch3 oh f

Fluroethane boiling point: -37.1
Ethanol boiling point: 78.4
Original post by Somebody503
Why was that product the major product? If you know which q i mean haha

It's to do with the position of the carbocation I think.
Reply 55
Original post by Frank the Tankk
Fluroethane boiling point: -37.1
Ethanol boiling point: 78.4

sheeeeit
Reply 56
does anyone recon there will be follow through marks for the molar gas volume question?
Reply 57
Apparently the organic product of the esterification reaction was a diester, which I've never even heard of...
You learn more about diols at A2 level (polymerisation of diols and dicarboxylic acids/acid chlorides)

The enthalpy question caught me off guard, I thought it was incredibly mean.

The first 10 multiple choices were a breeze and give me false hope for the rest of the paper :unimpressed:
The major and minor products is to do with where the hydrogen adds on - if it adds on to the carbon of the c=c that has the highest number of hydrogen a attached (in which case it was 2) then that is the major product.

Latest

Trending

Trending