The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel C4 S14 Model Answers

Scroll to see replies

53/75 :frown:
Needed an A too

Posted from TSR Mobile
For 7b) After working out the volume under curve C would it have been correct or incorrect to work out the volume under line 1 and subtract that? (within the correct limits) . Would you have gotten the same answer? I did this but made an arthritic error so my answer for pi was a tad off...
Reply 42
Arsey on 7b i don't see where the 62pi^2 came from, is it just a scribe error?
I won't get full marks on Q7b, so it depends on how many method marks I get. Also not 100% sure I can remember my answer to 2b.

C4 Jan 2009 was 59 for an A.
Reply 44
Wow... I have a slight chance of getting just over 60 if I mark harshly. This is amazing. I just need to ace M2 to have a peace of mind. I made so many stupid mistakes though. Quite disappointed
Don't even remember what I did so I have no idea how I've done
50/75 I reckon, for the rate of change i ended up with 2 values of 64pi and 80pi, but didnt know what to do with them, would you say that is 4 marks because 80pi/64pi = 5/4? Needed to do a little better!!
Original post by Basit2010
For 7b) After working out the volume under curve C would it have been correct or incorrect to work out the volume under line 1 and subtract that? (within the correct limits) . Would you have gotten the same answer? I did this but made an arthritic error so my answer for pi was a tad off...

I did that and got 6(pi)^2 + 92/9 (pi) which I same correct answer so yh. he made a mistake in his answer xD
for q6iii I got the right answer (I think) but then I carried on and ended up with y =arcsin(....) would they just ignore any subsequent working or would I lose marks?
Original post by StoneSour0135
59 - a
52 - b
45 - c

im defo screwed now
Reply 50
Original post by andrew2209
I won't get full marks on Q7b, so it depends on how many method marks I get. Also not 100% sure I can remember my answer to 2b.

C4 Jan 2009 was 59 for an A.

Same, I assumed I got 6/15 on that question. If I get more method marks, I can get over 61 which would be absolutely brilliant
On Question 7, part B, I got as far as replacing the x boundaries with the theta equivalents and got the integral to 48(cos)^2, how many marks would i get for this?
For 3c, I wrote "It's an overstatement because the curve bends inwards." Would I get the mark?
I thought I did really badly but looking at this I reckon I got 65 or 66, thinking I got around 69 in C3, really want to know what the grade boundaries are, oh so close!
Arsey ALWAYS underestimates the boundaries so I would drop like 3 on his predictions :wink:
Reply 55
Okay so got 60/75 in C3. And About 52/75 in C4. And last year i totalled 263. So if i get an A in S2 do you think i have an A overall?
Reply 56
Original post by Jimbob995
Your a legend, arse

Hahaha I'm not sure he'd appreciate that nick name.

Thank again Arsey!!!
Reply 58
I got 49 :frown: .. A* out the window
if i got 66 in c3 and 65 in c4 that pretty much mitigates my chances of an a* right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending