The Student Room Group

Benefit, Urban Decay or Bare Minerals?

I currently use mostly MAC products, but it is making my skin dry, so I was thinking of changing brands. I have the Urban Decay Naked pallette and i LOVE it, but I'm not sure whether it's worth paying the prices for the other products.
So which would you recommend and why?
Hey, I don't use urban decay so I can't advise on that but I use a mix of vare minerals and benefit. I think I like bare minerals slightly mire, definitely their foundation. It's a powder and it goes on top if primer and actually covers really well and my skin is not that clear. I was actually allergic to the benefit tinted moisturiser so I stsy away from it. For a heavier foundation that I put on if I'm feeling spotty is actually the Bobby brown foundation stick i've bought that three times, wee bit pricey but not that bad and lasts ages, although it does feel like putting concealer on your face.

I use benefit they're real mascara which is ok but didn't give me enough volume so I use a cheap no7 one to bulk it up a bit can't remember the name but its a yellow tube.

I also like the benefit liquid eyeliner I'm just awful at putting it on.

Bare minerals blusher again is good but the powder goes everwhere as does their spot concealer which in theory you can use at night/under make up to draw the spots out but I havent noticed it.

I have eye primer and eye shadow from bare minerals but barely use it as it's purple but it's fairly decent.

The benefit high lighter, it looks like a light bulb is fairly good but I think I'm not using it right I'll need a YouTube video.

I think that's all the stuff I have from them. I may have more I think I have a couple of benefit powders and a compact but they're really white so even for a really pale person like me I don't use them. Oh I forgot I have the browzings benefit eyebrow kit and it's amazing favourite piece of make up but make she to invest in some good brushes for it as the ones you get are tiny, mine are from loncomme(sp) I think. And another thing I have the bare minersls lip gloss that is slightly tingly but not bee sting or anything and it's a lovely colour.

Any questions or if you want pics let me know xx
Original post by leonneoneill
I currently use mostly MAC products, but it is making my skin dry, so I was thinking of changing brands. I have the Urban Decay Naked pallette and i LOVE it, but I'm not sure whether it's worth paying the prices for the other products.
So which would you recommend and why?

Quick Reply

Latest