The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Heights

I might go to aston via clearing, and was wondering what heights is like for a 1st year student. Ive been told that its unlikely that ill get uni accomodation, so does anyone know what its like to be a first year in heights. Do u think its easier to make friends in the uni accomodation or is heights just like being in oncampus accommodation (social wise)
Reply 1
My best mate at uni lived at the heights in his first year.Initally you might find it really hard to mingle but you'd make loads of friends but they wont all be from aston. As long as you are friendly ud not have much problem.The people at the heights are really sociable :smile: Just make mates throught the year at uni (on your course,at freshers) and I doubt ud feel you are missing out on much.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i dont think it will be much of a problem.

you have the best of all worlds at heights.

people from different unis, different years, some may be on placement, some may be partime students.

at the end of the day you still have your freshers where you will meet everyone anyway so it shouldnt be much of a problem.
I am insurance so may not get on campus either. I think as long as you are prepared to make an effort to get to know other people and be friendly then you will be fine!
Reply 4
ok kool, so if u dont get accommodation where are u going to be staying? if ur going to choose heights then its best to apply early and put that u want to be with other first years, thats what i did anyway
I am going to the heights. I haven't specified that I want to be with other first years as I am not too worried about that. I think it will be good whoever i am staying with as I am a pretty friendly person anyway. I am quite excited about going there now- not long to wait!
Reply 6
kool, has the uni told u if u got a place on campus?

Have u got ur room confirmed yet? what room are u if u have. I might try and wait until friday to see if i get a place on campus, if not ill accept my heights offer.

Latest