but I need your help to finalise it!!!

Here are my combinations!

Italian ab
Business HL
English HL
Biology HL
Maths SL
Chemistry SL

Firstly, my number one UNI in mind is CAMBRIDGE. I am literally crazy about it.
So I really want to do well in IB as you all know I need to get a score over 40!

I want to study Law in Cambridge. Do you think those subjects will be seen good by the UNI and do you think they are do-able to achieve high????

ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICES?? Please HELP ME!!!!
Should be fine.

Maybe swap Chem SL for Business HL.

Like do chem hl and business sl instead
Reply 2
Agree with the above ^. Business is not preferred by most universities in the UK especially Cambridge so you'll put yourself at a major disadvantage by taking it at higher level. Either take another group 3 subject that your school offers that is respected (geography, economics, psychology, history) or take chemistry higher level.

Contrary to what many people think business is actually really hard to get a 7 in due to how subjective marking is so it won't be easy. English is also really hard to get a 7 in as it is also very subjective and requires quite a bit of luck to a 7 in. However, with hard work a 6 should be manageable. Biology: depends on your memorisation skills as it is one of the most content heavy subjects offered by the IBO. If you struggle with memorising big chunks of information/diagrams you'll struggle a lot but if you feel confident in your memorising ability and are slightly scientific you shouldn't face too many issues. The difficulty of maths depends upon your previous experience with maths. If you've done GCSE Maths and are only getting low A's/B's/C's you'll find it challenging as there is a massive jump in difficulty from GCSE to IB. Chemistry should be find granted that you easily pick up concepts and are good at science. Italian ab initio should be manageable if you are able to pick up languages without much issue or have background knowledge in a similar romance language (spanish, french) but be warned that ab initio classes go at a fast pace so you should always stay on top of your work!
(edited 9 years ago)
I personally would nlt change my IB curriculum at that point. You've already studied for those subjects, so go for them. Changing a HL subject to a SL one might benefit you, but sitting a HL exam when you studied for SL is something I absolutely discourage you to do.

Look: just try to relax and do the exams the best you can. I didn't expect to get a great mark and got a 43! It's not that difficult; you'll see. Good luck!
Do history or economics instead of B&M and that combo is fine. Id also drop to math studies as for law you don't need SL and you can focus on your other subjects with studies.
Business and Management is generally considered to be a 'soft' subject so taking it at HL might not do you any favours if you're applying to Cambridge. Although it's not strictly necessary to do a lot of essay-intensive subjects in order to have a strong application for Law, it wouldn't hurt to swap Business out for something like Economics (which is what I did) or History, or if you prefer, put a science as your HL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending