The Student Room Group

AQA Government and Politics

Hi, I'm studying Government and Politics next year for A Level (AQA) and the first topic of AS is based on The British Consitution. I was wondering if someone who has already studied this could help me with the main sources of the British Consitution (what are they, what they mean, and any other facts you think I should know about them coming into starting the course in September): Statute Law, Common Law, Conventions, EU Laws and Treats and Works of Authority. Also, if someone could create a list of key terms linked with definitions that would be great i.e. Parliament, the houses, legislation etc. Sorry if I have mixed some stuff up, but like I said, I am new to Government and Politics, I don't really know much about it yet and I want to ensure I know plenty of additional stuff so I'm ready for September! Thanks.
I'm moving this to the government and politics section for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gaslight182
Hi, I'm studying Government and Politics next year for A Level (AQA) and the first topic of AS is based on The British Consitution. I was wondering if someone who has already studied this could help me with the main sources of the British Consitution (what are they, what they mean, and any other facts you think I should know about them coming into starting the course in September): Statute Law, Common Law, Conventions, EU Laws and Treats and Works of Authority. Also, if someone could create a list of key terms linked with definitions that would be great i.e. Parliament, the houses, legislation etc. Sorry if I have mixed some stuff up, but like I said, I am new to Government and Politics, I don't really know much about it yet and I want to ensure I know plenty of additional stuff so I'm ready for September! Thanks.

there were about 111 views but no one chose to help you.
this is the british identity. this is the british style. this is the british character.

unfortunately the rest of the world outside of UK do not recognise AQA as an A level exam body.
if it did, then asian students would have been more than willing to help you.

hope it all goes well for you hun.
The Constitution is what the principles of the British system is made up of, so due to the British constitution not being founded from a single document, it is seen to be relatively flexible and reliant upon statute law, conventions, treaties and numerous written documents. I would say research the cabinet and regarding common, statute and EU law this will come into place more during studying the other topics of the legislative and judicial branches of government. Although what i found interesting was the legislative branch which is the British Parliament, where you will need to know the flow of a bill. This is just a bit of a basic overview as i can't remember a huge amount from this unit due to now finishing the A Level. Hope it helped in some way at least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending