The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

michall91
I applied on 20th of May. I heard you have to wait up to 28 days for respond but i'm not sure if its true.

Hey mike

i applied 10 days after you. Im guessing the 28 days is not quite accurate as it will be 7 weeks since i applied this coming sunday. Glad you got your offer through though, it means the wheels are finally turning. Shouldnt be too long i hope :-)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 781
I've been allocated a room at 103 Cranbrook Avenue for September 2010!! Looks i'll just be down the road! :smile:
Reply 782
collegelad25
Hi Amy_mhmm

Can i ask you when you applied for student houses? I applied on the 30th May and still have not heard anything. I have e-mailed the office twice and been told that they are still dealing with the applications before the date i applied!! And i thought i had applied early!

Cheers

Hey,
I applied on the 22nd May and received confirmation on 9th July. So maybe give it another week? There are plenty of student houses, so I don't think there should be any problem getting one. In fact, last yeah there were rooms left and everyone who couldn't get their place in halls ended up in a student house.

I'd say 'don't worry' but I'm starting to worry about my student finance, even though I know it's just them being slow! Argh the stress, let's all be 5 again :woo:
Reply 783
SamBFC
Mine is NICHOE05A

Does that mean I'm block E room 5 then? Am I on ground floor, looks like I will be getting woken up by returning drinkers a lot hahaha

Mine's NICHOE01A, Guess we're on the same floor! haha
Reply 784
Antpants
I am at Scarborough Campus in Cayley Halls, Block B. But it seems I'm the only one on this forum at Scarborough campus. Lonely man is lonely. I wish I had been more organised so I could of gone to Lawns but there's nothing I can do now.

When abouts did you get your allocation through? I'm still waiting for mine :mad:
Reply 785
Finney25
I've been allocated a room at 103 Cranbrook Avenue for September 2010!! Looks i'll just be down the road! :smile:

101! Hi neighbour!
Reply 786
amy_mhmm
101! Hi neighbour!

Hi!
i'm definitely really excited about going now! i was dead nervous about not knowing who i'd live with/near. just need the grades and i'm made!
amy_mhmm
Hey,
I applied on the 22nd May and received confirmation on 9th July. So maybe give it another week? There are plenty of student houses, so I don't think there should be any problem getting one. In fact, last yeah there were rooms left and everyone who couldn't get their place in halls ended up in a student house.

I'd say 'don't worry' but I'm starting to worry about my student finance, even though I know it's just them being slow! Argh the stress, let's all be 5 again :woo:

Cheers Amy, i will give it another week. I just thought the process would be quicker! Makes me feel better though that people who applied close to the date i did are receiving their contracts.
Im sure your student finance will be on its way soon and at least you can keep checking online with them. Try not to get too stressed though!

How come you know about the application process from last year? Are you a 2nd year student? What are you looking to study at Hull? I come from Hull but still wanna move out as i want my own space. Im gunna study Psychology.
Reply 788
collegelad25
How come you know about the application process from last year? Are you a 2nd year student? What are you looking to study at Hull? I come from Hull but still wanna move out as i want my own space. Im gunna study Psychology.

No, my best friend started last September but Hull was her second choice so she ended up in student houses despite choosing elsewhere.
Oh cool, yeah, I'm studying Psychology too :smile:
Reply 789
Finney25
Hi!
i'm definitely really excited about going now! i was dead nervous about not knowing who i'd live with/near. just need the grades and i'm made!

Yeah me too, it puts your mind at ease a little :smile:
I finished my A levels last year so I know I'm in. Good luck for results day!
collegelad25
Im gunna study Psychology.

amy_mhmm

Oh cool, yeah, I'm studying Psychology too :smile:

Ooh other people studying Psych :smile: hello!

Basically, Hull is currently my insurance but I'm e-mailing Sheffield and asking them to reject me so Hull becomes my firm, though I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have gotten into Sheffield anyway, and because I live on the outskirts of Hull already, I've not applied to student accommodation. However, I live literally a minute away from the Lawns so I'm hoping people will let me muscle in on their bonding :h:

To be honest, if I could get into a student house now I would cause I can't wait to move out and stand on my own feet. So if at any point in the year, anyone's got a space in their student house, you know who to ask to move in hehe :biggrin: I'm nice, I promise
Im in Nicholson Hall....Block E...room 6!

Studying Geography.

Leave me a message or add me on facebook...search for Scott Kinson!

Respect.
OK, well I've only just applied for accommodation a few minutes ago :P But then again Hull's my insurance so no need to worry (I think!). I applied for The Lawns, Taylor Court and Thwaite Hall :smile:
Reply 793
lovexx
When abouts did you get your allocation through? I'm still waiting for mine :mad:

Phone them up, thats what I did
zKlown
Try looking for facebook groups...

Also, don't be nervous, once freshers is over, you'll settle right in!

Thank you =]
Are You at university?
Reply 795
Natalie..x
Thank you =]
Are You at university?

Yeah, this gonna be ma second year at Hull
Anyone studying Law?
Aaaaaaaargh!
OK, well I've only just applied for accommodation a few minutes ago :P But then again Hull's my insurance so no need to worry (I think!). I applied for The Lawns, Taylor Court and Thwaite Hall :smile:

Hull my insurance atm but I'm going to make it my firm by cancelling my firm and so I want to apply to the accommodation but I can't cause I can't find my user ID! :frown: is it like a set thing i.e your initials then your date of birth or something like that? :/
Reply 798
I will be!:woo: :woo: :woo:
ciderxwithxrosie
Hull my insurance atm but I'm going to make it my firm by cancelling my firm and so I want to apply to the accommodation but I can't cause I can't find my user ID! :frown: is it like a set thing i.e your initials then your date of birth or something like that? :/

I'm afraid it's totally random, they sent a letter with your log-in and the first half of the password. The second half is contained in an email sent around the same of the letter, about 2 months ago I think.

I only found my letter today completely by chance, I never knew it existed until I read about it in the How to Apply page online, so I got a little worried, then decided to look through my absolutely jassive pile of paper that's accumulated over the year, and I found the letter! I was getting ready to phone the admissions service though in case I didn't find it, I'm sure they'll be able to help (phone 01482 305348).

TBH, having the whole split password and log-in details is a bit tedious I think, but oh well! Hope you work things out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest