The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

You get an email saying your contract is ready, then you go on the admin site, under pay deposit is accept contract and it tells you the address, etc... And your done.

Firework, I recommend you ring them on the number I provided in an earlier post :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by hobbs
hey, yeah I am. D block. you?

Hi
I was in D-block...I just left the other day. What room are you going to be in?
Reply 1182
Original post by EducationReject
Hi
I was in D-block...I just left the other day. What room are you going to be in?

I'm gonna be in 15 A. any idea what it's like?
Reply 1183
Original post by hobbs

I'm in 16A block D :smile:
Reply 1184
Original post by LJH1992

ah sweet! which is bit means which? like is 15 the room and A like the flat area or something? I never actually looked at the accomodation :s-smilie: haha
Original post by hobbs

You're going to be on the top floor....thats the one with the biggest kitchen :smile: when i was there it was a really friendly block, and the cleaner we had was really nice. Is there anything specific you want to know about the block or the lawns, or the uni, or hull?
Original post by LJH1992

You are going to be on the top floor aswell :smile:
Original post by hobbs
ah sweet! which is bit means which? like is 15 the room and A like the flat area or something? I never actually looked at the accomodation :s-smilie: haha

the A at the end is usually irrelevent....it was used when the rooms were double rooms to indicate which part of the room (A or B) you were going to be in, but since rooms are singles now, it doesnt really have a purpose. There should be a letter before the number which will indicate which block you are in, and then the number is your room number. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 1188
Original post by catrinasheep
thanks for the video. taylor courts is the one place i actually saw when i went hahah. it looked nice.
i'll be doing german/french and translation hopefully. you?

I'm hopefully doing French with Translation too (:

Still haven't found out my accommodation though.
Reply 1189
Original post by EducationReject
You're going to be on the top floor....thats the one with the biggest kitchen :smile: when i was there it was a really friendly block, and the cleaner we had was really nice. Is there anything specific you want to know about the block or the lawns, or the uni, or hull?

how many fridges are there between people? and I eat A LOT so like how much room is there to store stuff? (im not fat or anything.. just eat loooooads) :biggrin:

does that mean I'll be next door to LJH1992? if im 15 and they're 16?
Original post by hobbs
how many fridges are there between people? and I eat A LOT so like how much room is there to store stuff? (im not fat or anything.. just eat loooooads) :biggrin:

does that mean I'll be next door to LJH1992? if im 15 and they're 16?

You should be next to each other yea
Each kitchen has 2 fridge freezers...with 3 fridge shelves and 2 fridge drawers and 4 freezer drawers in each....so it works out that you get about a shelf and a bit in the fridge, and a drawer and a bit in the freezer. As for cupboard space, there is usually about 1 and a half cupboards each, but alot of people only use 1, so you can occupy the extra space for your extra food :smile: you also get 2 ovens in the kitchens, so there usually isnt a problem with getting space in an oven to cook stuff
Reply 1191
Hey :smile: I just got my contract thing back, anyone in Lambert??? :smile: x
Still waiting for my contract, anyone applied for student houses? x
Reply 1193
Anyone in nicholson hall D block, near room 7 :smile:
When do we accept the accom. contract? As soon as possible or on results day, when/if my offer turns unconditional?

I got:

Grant Hall block C

13A.

:woo:
(edited 12 years ago)
LAMBTB02A
Lambert Hall
The Lawns
presumably thats block B room 2A correct?
Anyone else in Lambert Hall?
Reply 1196
So Lambert, Grant and Nicholson have been sent out.

I assume I'm in Downs, Reckitt or Morgan then.
Dont assume anything, they do it in order of who applie for accommodation + deposit (first come first served).

I applied for my accommodation + payed deposit within 5 within 5 mins of the site opening and I found out I got Taylor courts 2 weeks after on the 2nd June but no one else has heard from them to see if they also got Taylor courts.
Reply 1198
Original post by Legolash2o
Dont assume anything, they do it in order of who applie for accommodation + deposit (first come first served).

I applied for my accommodation + payed deposit within 5 within 5 mins of the site opening and I found out I got Taylor courts 2 weeks after on the 2nd June but no one else has heard from them to see if they also got Taylor courts.

They do it in order of that but it seems they are sending out in halls. But you never know. Oh well. I did mine like the day after I got the letter so it shouldn't be too bad.

I have seen other people get Taylor Courts? I think so anyway.
Reply 1199
I'm in Lambert too :smile:.
"LAMBTA15A"
So block A, room 15A?

Quick Reply

Latest