The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kates12
Path b seems more interesting and varied than A. I'll definitely be doing the free elective and stuff in 2nd year. But for first year all I have is language learning and then translation.

I really don't know. I might get the book from the first semester module, the 'introduction to translation'. The second semester just looks like we do English language stuff so the books might just be for reference or further reading to improve our knowledge. I don't know haha :/ what do you think?

i seriously dont have a clue what path to do :frown:

yeah i'll be getting the introduction one, i might choose a couple of the more in depth, comprehensive books from the english lot, just for a reference :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by catrinasheep

yeah i'll be getting the introduction one, i might choose a couple of the more in depth, comprehensive books from the english lot, just for a reference :smile:

Am I right in thinking that you are going to do English, or am have I got completely confused?? If yes, does this mean that you have recieved an information pack from the English department.
Original post by SpySapper
Am I right in thinking that you are going to do English, or am have I got completely confused?? If yes, does this mean that you have recieved an information pack from the English department.

sorry no i'm doing german french and translation (translation requires an in depth knowledge of english grammar, hence the english books)
Reply 1783

ok, I just bought 'Introducing Translation Studies' and 'Savoir-faire plus' for French, will decide later about the English books. They're so expensive :frown:
sorry no i'm doing german french and translation (translation requires an in depth knowledge of english grammar, hence the english books)

Damn, ok nevermind... cheers
Reply 1785
Hey, just thought i'd post on here,
I'm coming here in September, Staying in Lambert Hall, want to talk to a few people before we start, see if i can make a friend or two :smile:
Original post by kates12
ok, I just bought 'Introducing Translation Studies' and 'Savoir-faire plus' for French, will decide later about the English books. They're so expensive :frown:

yeah i got those ones, i got the german grammar one too cos i was going to buy a grammar book anyway
v. expensive. found some used ones on amazon that look good though

i chose path A in the end, i'll see if i can handle the work load before i try even more subjects (and books)
Reply 1787
Quick question,
Should I bring a desk chair and mirror with me to the lawns (lambert) hall. Bit confused to whether they provide these or we should bring them.
Original post by alfl05
Quick question,
Should I bring a desk chair and mirror with me to the lawns (lambert) hall. Bit confused to whether they provide these or we should bring them.

I wouldn't take a desk chair, anyway..these short movies should answer you many questions on how Thwaite Hall is like.

Good luck!
Original post by alfl05
Quick question,

you get a desk chair.
ensuites have a mirror in bathroom.
Reply 1790
you get a desk chair.
ensuites have a mirror in bathroom.

Cool, thankyou :smile:
Reply 1791
Original post by firework998
At least I'm not the only one on Salmon Grove :smile:
Do you know what day you're moving in?

Not yet. I don't know the date you can get in but I think I'll be going early.
Original post by Bektas
And what time during welcome week did you register with the university?

Different for each department, generally as a fresher it is earlier on during the week so maybe the monday or tuesday.
Ok, quick thing, if anyone wants any questions answered about the university overall, chemistry or needler hall then quote me and ask away. :smile:
Morgan Hall anybody?
Original post by ingomania106

Original post by ingomania106
I got put in a house on cranbrook avenue because the halls etc are full.. Anyone else in one of these houses?

I'm in 10 Cranbrook ave :smile:
Just had a random thought, do you need to bring your own eating irons and plates to Thwaite Hall?
Original post by Rollergirl04
I'm in 10 Cranbrook ave :smile:

You're across from me :biggrin: I'm 11 :smile:
Reply 1798
Are people who are living in a house moving in on the 16th? Don't want to be alone!
Original post by Samus2
Are people who are living in a house moving in on the 16th? Don't want to be alone!

18th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest