The Student Room Group

Integration - What are they on about?

What is the government talking about here?

How do they want muslims to integrate in society?

Do they want all muslims to have sex, drink alcohol, go to nightclubs and throw away their culture?

Is this what they call integration?

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The government haven't done anything useful other than talk garbage and eat some cash.

So how do you think they will get on with this? Tony Blair mentioned this last year but has anything changed? Hell it hasn't and never will
Reply 2
its talk for talks sake. PR. it will be on the news and people will think something is being done, But nothing will be done.
Reply 3
coolworld37
What is the government talking about here?

How do they want muslims to integrate in society?

Do they want all muslims to have sex, drink alcohol, go to nightclubs and throw away their culture?

Is this what they call integration?

Discuss.

Throw away THEIR culture? What about our culture - the British culture? Our country is getting fulled up with mosques, our signs are being written in a secondary language (hindi or whatever the hell they speak)..

Sorry, but that statement is just pure ignorant. If they don't like our culture and they dont want to intergrate into OUR society - then why are they here? They're using this country.
Reply 4
Throw away THEIR culture? What about our culture - the British culture? Our country is getting fulled up with mosques, our signs are being written in a secondary language (hindi or whatever the hell they speak)..

Sorry, but that statement is just pure ignorant. D00

Yeah, it is.

:rolleyes:

Oswy.
The muslim culture is already strong and is evolving. Why would they want to integrate into the British culture? I don't ever see that happening, honestly.
Reply 6
D00

Sorry, but that statement is just pure ignorant. If they don't like our culture and they dont want to intergrate into OUR society - then why are they here? They're using this country.

Using this country for what? To live in? I thought that was what countries were for? What do you use the country for?

Sorry, but the country isn't getting "fulled up" with mosques. I have yet to see a road sign written in Hindi, which incidentally, isn't the language most Muslims use. You mean Urdu, or Arabic? Havent seen any road signs with those languages, either, now i come to think of it. Ignorant statements galore, aren't we?
That multi-culturalism has failed is now almost universally understood. As Ms Kelly herself announced, the old consensus about the rosy multi-cult garden has been replaced by open acknowledgement of concerns about ethnic tensions, alienation and resentment. In place of the Politically Correct fantasies which dominated the political and media establishment for several decades, New Labour is now calling for an "honest and open debate."

Yet, at the same time, Kelly's talk of "countering the challenge from the far-right" and implicit condemnation of the 'racism', and indeed very existence, of Middle England ("those most frightened by change are those least affected by it...... even faster change in future, etc") make it clear that any such 'debate' will be held within extremely tightly-defined boundaries. The Commission invites all views, but will only listen to those it wants to hear

Full BNP article here http://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=1106
Batman
The muslim culture is already strong and is evolving. Why would they want to integrate into the British culture? I don't ever see that happening, honestly.

:ottid:
Batman

They never will, it's a total fantasy and Labour know this, they just want to try and calm down the British that are getting a bit worried, even the middle classes are getting worried now and they dont have to live in it.
Reply 10
Batman

Why live in a country whose culture you loathe?
Reply 11
Why is integration such a big thing anyway? What's so good about it? It doesn't worry me if muslims want to live in isolated pockets throughout the country one bit. On the contrary.
Howard
Why is integration such a big thing anyway? What's so good about it? It doesn't worry me if muslims want to live in isolated pockets throughout the country one bit. On the contrary.

Why do you feel this way? For economic growth and to generally create a pleasant country to live in, surely a common identity and purpose is more preferable?
Reply 13
Greyhound02
Why do you feel this way? For economic growth and to generally create a pleasant country to live in, surely a common identity and purpose is more preferable?

It might be preferable but it's not going to keep me awake at night. I can live perfectly happily without the need, want, or desire to have muslims living next door tbh. I live in America, the melting pot of the world, but I don't feel that my life is that enrichened because of it.
Reply 14
Yeh, in a way its better they don't integrate. Because it makes those areas easier to avoid. Ya'know.

But thats a rather sellfish viewpoint, at the end of the day there is a problem to be solved.
Howard

I don't think most people are bothered until they come out from those pockets with no loyalty to this country and an ingrained hatred and try and blow **** up.
Reply 16
Howard

On the contrary, it worries me. You're effectively saying that Muslims should all be living in ghettos.
Reply 17
Muslims intergrate in the sense that they get jobs here, they work with people of all ethnic backgrounds and make friends with people of all ethnic backgrounds. at least, this is the case with all the muslims I know. Different ethnic groups aren't isolated from each other; they live alongside each other and most of the time get on fine. So intergration does work.
Reply 18
Dez
On the contrary, it worries me. You're effectively saying that Muslims should all be living in ghettos.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying anything of the sort.
Reply 19
Howard

Yeah, it hasn't caused any problems in France.

Latest

Trending

Trending