The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bismarck
Yeah, it hasn't caused any problems in France.

Well, Britain ain't France is it?
Reply 21
So what are you saying? That Muslims should not live in ghettos, but equally should not interfere with British society? Clear this up if you would.
Reply 22
Howard
Well, Britain ain't France is it?

Well apparently you want Britain to become France if you prefer ethnic ghettos to integration.
Reply 23
Bismarck
Well apparently you want Britain to become France if you prefer ethnic ghettos to integration.

Well apparently you either can't read or have misplaced your monacle again. Did I not say above "It (integration)might be preferable but it's not going to keep me awake at night"

Now, pray tell, how do you interpret that to mean I prefer ethnic ghettos to integration? Doesn't what I have said in fact mean mean the exact opposite?
Reply 24
Dez
So what are you saying? That Muslims should not live in ghettos, but equally should not interfere with British society? Clear this up if you would.

I think what I'm saying is I really couldn't give a f*** one way or another but that personally I would be quite happy living in a non-integrated society since I do not believe my life is personally enrichened by having muslim neighbours. I am allowed to think that way am I? Or is that some sort of thought crime?
Reply 25
How did people not get what Howard said? it seemed pretty clear cut to me, i.e., if people want to segregate themselves, then let them get on with it.

Personally I feel people should atleast integrate in some way into a country - I would hate to go and live in a country and not integrate myself, but I dont think that would occur at the cost of my culture - it would be a rare situation where those two clash so severely...
Reply 26
bikerx23
How did people not get what Howard said? it seemed pretty clear cut to me, i.e., if people want to segregate themselves, then let them get on with it.

Precisely. My words are plain enough.
Reply 27
bikerx23

I disagree with the laissez-faire attitude if they are segregating themselves because they feel excluded. Segregation is not good if it is forced upon the people excluded by society, either actively or passively.
Reply 28
Worzo
I disagree with the laissez-faire attitude if they are segregating themselves because they feel excluded. Segregation is not good if it is forced upon the people excluded by society, either actively or passively.

do you think that is the case for the majority or the minority though?
Reply 29
weve just had some er...whats the not racist word at the moment? i get confused... ethnic minorities il go 4 move into the street, nothing but trouble, there going again now though thank god. or allah.

but as a general rule, think too much is being done for them, they should have no rights to complain ive theyve moved in their generation.

they came here how it is, if they dont like it now. kindly fk off
Reply 30
Worzo

Is that the reason they choose to segregate themselves though? Could it simply be that they simply prefer not to integrate themselves. It's hardly uncommon - Brits in Spain don't integrate with the Spaniards not because they are unfairly excluded but simply because they prefer their own communities. What's wrong with that?
Reply 31
Howard
Is that the reason they choose to segregate themselves though? Could it simply be that they simply prefer not to integrate themselves. It's hardly uncommon - Brits in Spain don't integrate with the Spaniards not because they are unfairly excluded but simply because they prefer their own communities. What's wrong with that?

Because they end up not learning the language, thereby keeping themselves eternally poor. And then violent elements are able to persuade them that they're poor because of the discriminating majority.
Reply 32
Bismarck
Because they end up not learning the language, thereby keeping themselves eternally poor. And then violent elements are able to persuade them that they're poor because of the discriminating majority.

Like the Brits (about a million of them) living in Spain then. Forever plotting coups against the evil Spanish government and planting bombs on Madrid's Metro.
Reply 33
Howard
Like the Brits (about a million of them) living in Spain then. Forever plotting coups against the evil Spanish government and planting bombs on Madrid's Metro.

Yeah, because the Brits in Spain are dirt poor.
Reply 34
Worzo
Segregation is not good if it is forced upon the people excluded by society, either actively or passively.

Are muslims actively or passively excluded by society? By "white society" I assume you mean. How?

Contrarywise, do you think non-muslims are actively or passively excluded by muslim society?
Reply 35
Bismarck
Yeah, because the Brits in Spain are dirt poor.

So all muslims are dirt poor? Another of your sweeping generalizations.

And being dirt poor necessarily means you fall prey to violent elements. This doesn't apply to everyone (God knows there are millions, nay billions of "dirt poor" people in the world that manage to resist such urges) but only to muslims because they are not only dirt poor but as thick as two short planks and deeply impressionable people? Another generalization that reaks of racism on your part Bismark.

Disgraceful behaviour. You are clearly a racist bigot.:smile:
Reply 36
Bismarck

I don't think anyone is suggesting for a second that either all Muslims living in Britain or all Britons living in Spain are dirt poor, but if we exclude Muslims in our country, chances are they will earn less money. So in that respect, integration is the answer.
The question is, HOW do you want muslims to integrate?
Batman
The question is, HOW do you want muslims to integrate?

Force them to drink Earl Grey.
sherunsaway
Force them to drink Earl Grey.

If thats the direction you want muslims to take by integrating then I have to say that its not going to happen. Not even in trillion years.

Latest

Trending

Trending