The Student Room Group

A probable biomed student in need of assistance

As results day is just around the corner and like any other individual I'm worried about them, I am looking for alternatives in case things don't go as expected. Does anyone know of any other university courses that I'd be able to take that'd allow me to enroll on a biomed course after some time similar to how you're able to enroll onto a medicine course if you gain at least a 2:1 after 2 years of biomed.
tl:dr Any university courses that'd allow me to do biomed after doing a year or so of it.
Reply 1
Original post by ExplainYourself
As results day is just around the corner and like any other individual I'm worried about them, I am looking for alternatives in case things don't go as expected. Does anyone know of any other university courses that I'd be able to take that'd allow me to enroll on a biomed course after some time similar to how you're able to enroll onto a medicine course if you gain at least a 2:1 after 2 years of biomed.
tl:dr Any university courses that'd allow me to do biomed after doing a year or so of it.

I know a lot of people who were able to switch courses very early on in their first term at uni. It may be possible to go to uni and then switch courses as some people will.drop out. You could ring the uni and ask about this but they may not been too keen to discuss it. If you look on which uni you can see the % drop out in first year for each course at each uni so thats worth a look.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExplainYourself

Manchester's Life Sciences department have transferability across almost all of their courses (including biomed) at the end of the first year. Just an example, but I don't imagine they're the only ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending