The Student Room Group

Medicine UCAS 2024 entry

I'm applying to 3 medicine and 2 biomed options cause my UCAT didnt go to well and i dont want to risk all my options on the bmat.
My question is do i still cater my personal statement to ONLY medicine or do i have to cater to both medicine and biomed, cause i dont think i can write 2 personal statements. I know most medical schools dont read the PS but for biomed they probably will and I dont know if they'll pick me if i'm only talking about medicine.
anyways just need some advice on what to do
Original post by M.ayEL
I'm applying to 3 medicine and 2 biomed options cause my UCAT didnt go to well and i dont want to risk all my options on the bmat.
My question is do i still cater my personal statement to ONLY medicine or do i have to cater to both medicine and biomed, cause i dont think i can write 2 personal statements. I know most medical schools dont read the PS but for biomed they probably will and I dont know if they'll pick me if i'm only talking about medicine.
anyways just need some advice on what to do

you may as well maximise your chance of getting into medicine and apply to 4 med courses, even if that does mean bmat options. are you really set on medicine? would you be prepared to take a gap year and reapply if you don't get into med this year?
Reply 2
Original post by reubenn05
you may as well maximise your chance of getting into medicine and apply to 4 med courses, even if that does mean bmat options. are you really set on medicine? would you be prepared to take a gap year and reapply if you don't get into med this year?

Honestly i was before, but my parents talked me out of it. they still say i should follow my dreams but they just say they want me to go to uni this year (2024) and that doing another degree doesnt mean its the end of medicine. I can always do graduate medicine or do one year of biomed and switch to medicine if i pass an interview.

I just wanna know about the personal statements tho like do i need to cater to both subjects?
Original post by M.ayEL
Honestly i was before, but my parents talked me out of it. they still say i should follow my dreams but they just say they want me to go to uni this year (2024) and that doing another degree doesnt mean its the end of medicine. I can always do graduate medicine or do one year of biomed and switch to medicine if i pass an interview.

I just wanna know about the personal statements tho like do i need to cater to both subjects?

cater your ps to med. btw, grad entry med is much more competitive, and transferring from biomed to medicine is even more competitive, as only the top few students can do the transfer. you have to consider if you would be happy with a career as a biomedical scientist or similar, or if you would prefer a patient facing career e.g. physiotherapist, paramedic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending