The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2015 Applications FAQ + Chat Thread + Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FreshGarbage

I'd say go to Nottingham. One of my friends at uni did Philosophy and he now works for a Magic Circle law firm in London. He got trips to Las Vegas as part of his induction. Nottingham.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
I'd say go to Nottingham. One of my friends at uni did Philosophy and he now works for a Magic Circle law firm in London. He got trips to Las Vegas as part of his induction. Nottingham.

Wow! Did he enjoy it? I'm not sure what kind of rep Notts has for humanities. I an definitely leaning towards it atm. Too much of a good offer! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FreshGarbage
Wow! Did he enjoy it? I'm not sure what kind of rep Notts has for humanities. I an definitely leaning towards it atm. Too much of a good offer! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would be happy at either Nottingham or Birmingham. Nottingham has a bit more popularity with the best schools and top employers.
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
You would be happy at either Nottingham or Birmingham. Nottingham has a bit more popularity with the best schools and top employers.

Cheers! That's what I thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have received an offer to study Sociology at Birmingham. As an access student, I didn't they I would get an offer, but feeling very excited!
Looking into accommodation here and there are discrepancies between the booklet I was sent with my offer and the online information... For example the book says 'Elgar Court' is self catered and is £5,642 a year but the website says it is Meal Plan and £7,261 ... There are also differences with Tennis Court, with the booklet saying Ensuite and the website saying shared bathrooms.

Anyone else notice these differences or know what I should do because these are quite large differences ...
Original post by Fuenciado
Looking into accommodation here and there are discrepancies between the booklet I was sent with my offer and the online information... For example the book says 'Elgar Court' is self catered and is £5,642 a year but the website says it is Meal Plan and £7,261 ... There are also differences with Tennis Court, with the booklet saying Ensuite and the website saying shared bathrooms.

Anyone else notice these differences or know what I should do because these are quite large differences ...

I noticed the Elgar Court difference too! I don't know what's gone on there, I wanted to stay there too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fuenciado

Join the club haha
Original post by amberskye
Join the club haha

I'm going to ask on the accommodation day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
I'm going to ask on the accommodation day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep me too :confused:
Reply 790
Hi how much would I have to pay to accept the accommodation offer, online it says £200 deposit then on the offer book it says pre payment of £550? Also when will this all be due by?
Original post by rkhan57
Hi how much would I have to pay to accept the accommodation offer, online it says £200 deposit then on the offer book it says pre payment of £550? Also when will this all be due by?

I had to pay £550 within 5 days I think of being given an offer for accommodation (which was a few days after results day and could have been given up to about 2 weeks after results day(?), I think for unconditional offers accommodation offers were given a few days before)
Reply 792
What is the best accommodation for first year in Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just firmed Birmingham!!
Anyone got MATHS PGCE interview on 12th Jan
Reply 795
I have received a offer for law but was just wondering whether at the university different students from different courses talk with one another? Or will I just interact with my fellow law students?
Original post by rkhan57
I have received a offer for law but was just wondering whether at the university different students from different courses talk with one another? Or will I just interact with my fellow law students?

lol. you will be living with people taking a variety of courses, and there are multiple societies. It's not like you're in some law bubble...
Last year my friend got in with BBC grades! Sp not to worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 798
Original post by fudgecake22
Last year my friend got in with BBC grades! Sp not to worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

what course?
Original post by rkhan57
what course?

Politics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply