The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

CAS, VISAs and international study

Hi, if you're applying to BCU as an international student, then we know you may have questions related to your CAS, VISA, moving to the UK or just what it's like as an international student at BCU.

Some quick answers to your frequently asked questions are..

Why haven't I received my CAS?
We are currently experiencing extremely high volumes of applications for students who want to join us this next intake. Decisions on new applications are currently taking between 7-10 working days. Please do not chase us for decisions but refer to your agent portal for updates. Payments take between 3-10 working days to be accredited to student accounts. Once the payment has been confirmed, CAS takes between 3-5 working days. If the financial documents have not been provided, then these will be requested.

How do I upload the documents I've been asked for?
Birmingham City University will ask you to upload information to support your application. Once you have logged in to your mySRS BCU Applicant Portal you will be presented with your actions and help on how to do this. We have some useful information to help you use MySRS: https://mysrs.bcu.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn

What type of VISA do I need?
You will be expected to apply as an adult student under the Student Visa if you are coming to the UK for your post-16 education.

Can I get an update on my application?
Thank you for your application to BCU. We aim to process all applications as quickly as possible. If you have applied using UCAS we will respond to your application within the published UCAS decision deadlines. If the university requires any further information or for you attend an interview, audition or portfolio review in support of your application we will send you an email to the email address listed in your application with further details. You can also check for outstanding actions via your mySRS portal.

If you have more questions, we have lots of information on our website: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/international/application-toolkit/faq or you can ask us anything below!

Looking forward to chatting with you,
Abbie
Thanks Abbie, would you like me to stick this thread at the top of the forum? :smile:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Please I am really worried
My cas stopped loading since 5th December.
Stopped @61 percent since.
What could be the problem?
Original post by ADAUGWU6
Please I am really worried
My cas stopped loading since 5th December.
Stopped @61 percent since.
What could be the problem?

Hey, please try not to worry, as I don't work in the international team, I'm not too sure what the issue may be but you can get in touch with [email protected] or you can give the international team a call +44 (0)121 331 5389

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending