University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by neal95
Really enjoyed the law applicant day today

So did I :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome, are you gonna firm it? :smile:
Hi there, just thought I'd say hello and see if I can get to know anyone who's going to UoB next year. :smile:

My place has been confirmed (unconditional accepted) and was wondering if anyone else is studying English with Creative Writing from September? There aren't many places on the course so it would be great to see if anyone else on here is also doing it. That or anyone studying English Literature alone. :smile: Just wanted to say hi really, would be great to know someone before we start!

- Lucy :smile:
Reply 1184
Original post by Becca.H96
I applied to liverpool uni (2 courses)chester and Birmingham
What other ones have you applied to? Also where are you from, just being nosy? :P
Are you going on an applicant day or have you already been?

I'm an EU student, applied to Glasgow, Bimingham, Cardiff, Aberdeen and Oxford. Got in at all of them, except Oxford and didn't hear from Aberdeen yet.
What about you, where are you from?
Reply 1185
Original post by LucyMay1996
Hi there, just thought I'd say hello and see if I can get to know anyone who's going to UoB next year. :smile:

My place has been confirmed (unconditional accepted) and was wondering if anyone else is studying English with Creative Writing from September? There aren't many places on the course so it would be great to see if anyone else on here is also doing it. That or anyone studying English Literature alone. :smile: Just wanted to say hi really, would be great to know someone before we start!

- Lucy :smile:[/QUO

I'm doing eng lit and american studies, also got an unconditional so going to confirm soon :smile:
Original post by abcder
I'm an EU student, applied to Glasgow, Bimingham, Cardiff, Aberdeen and Oxford. Got in at all of them, except Oxford and didn't hear from Aberdeen yet.
What about you, where are you from?

Cool, very spread out choices :P i'm from Liverpool, good city but I'm looking forward to
hopefully moving to a new city
Original post by neal95
Really enjoyed the law applicant day today

Hey, I'm going to the law day on the 28th! What sort of things did you get up to there? :smile:
Reply 1188
Original post by maarg13
Hey, I'm going to the law day on the 28th! What sort of things did you get up to there? :smile:

I'm going to the law on the 28th too!
Anyone applied for Psychology and received an offer from Birmingham Uni?
Original post by glorypower
Anyone applied for Psychology and received an offer from Birmingham Uni?

I have! :biggrin: Which open day are you going to?
Original post by maarg13

Original post by rkhan57

Hi! It begins with registration in the main reception of the law faculty where you receive a really cool bag and a pen (lol). Then you have a 40 minute tour and see the library/lecture theatres/hub/guild etc and immediately after that there is tea coffee and biscuits, where you can also chat to some of the really helpful students (2 and 3rd years mainly) and the odd lecturer. That is half an hour and takes you to half 2, which is when the proper talks begin. There will be a 5 minute welcome from the head of the law school and then a talk from the in house solicitor about cepler which was really interesting. This tells you about work experience opportunities and some of the events they have on collaboration with law firms. After this another lecturer will give you a sample lecture about murders committed by children, and then the talk day is over.

Sorry for the massive post so if you do manage to read it well done! Overall I really enjoyed the day and found it so informative, and it has definitely made me want to firm the university.
Original post by Emily.97
I have! :biggrin: Which open day are you going to?

Congrats! I'm not actually a Birmingham Uni applicant, I asked about it for a friend of mine who applied for Psychology and hasn t received an offer yet.
Reply 1193
Original post by neal95
Hi! It begins with registration in the main reception of the law faculty where you receive a really cool bag and a pen (lol). Then you have a 40 minute tour and see the library/lecture theatres/hub/guild etc and immediately after that there is tea coffee and biscuits, where you can also chat to some of the really helpful students (2 and 3rd years mainly) and the odd lecturer. That is half an hour and takes you to half 2, which is when the proper talks begin. There will be a 5 minute welcome from the head of the law school and then a talk from the in house solicitor about cepler which was really interesting. This tells you about work experience opportunities and some of the events they have on collaboration with law firms. After this another lecturer will give you a sample lecture about murders committed by children, and then the talk day is over.

Sorry for the massive post so if you do manage to read it well done! Overall I really enjoyed the day and found it so informative, and it has definitely made me want to firm the university.

Are you firming and have you got your lnat result yet?
Original post by rkhan57

Ah, cool! Maybe I'll see you there!

Original post by neal95

Thank you for posting all this, it wasn't too much at all. It sounds really good, especially the sample lecture; that sounds so interesting... freebies are always a bonus too :biggrin: I'm thinking of firming too as I love the uni. Do you mind me asking where else you have applied?
Original post by rkhan57
Are you firming and have you got your lnat result yet?

Hi yeah I am firming and I got 25 how about you?

Original post by maarg13
Ah, cool! Maybe I'll see you there!

Thank you for posting all this, it wasn't too much at all. It sounds really good, especially the sample lecture; that sounds so interesting... freebies are always a bonus too :biggrin: I'm thinking of firming too as I love the uni. Do you mind me asking where else you have applied?

No worries! Yeah the bag will definitely come in use as I can use it at the gym lol. I've applied to Sheffield Liverpool Manchester Leicester as other options and have received offers from Birmingham Sheffield and Liverpool, a rejection from Leicester and am still waiting for Manchester. Where have you applied? :smile:
Reply 1196
Original post by neal95
Hi yeah I am firming and I got 25 how about you?

No worries! Yeah the bag will definitely come in use as I can use it at the gym lol. I've applied to Sheffield Liverpool Manchester Leicester as other options and have received offers from Birmingham Sheffield and Liverpool, a rejection from Leicester and am still waiting for Manchester. Where have you applied? :smile:

I'm not sure whether I will firm I will decide after I have visited the uni but I will firm either Birmingham or Leeds. And I got 22, just average haha!
Original post by rkhan57
I'm not sure whether I will firm I will decide after I have visited the uni but I will firm either Birmingham or Leeds. And I got 22, just average haha!

22 is still really good and didn't stop you from receiving an offer! Ahh, good luck deciding, hopefully birmingham will sway you and you will decide to firm
Reply 1198
Original post by Becca.H96
Cool, very spread out choices :P i'm from Liverpool, good city but I'm looking forward to
hopefully moving to a new city

Well so am I, looking forward to living in a new country, quite a change.
Will you be working while at uni?
Original post by neal95

Neal95 pretty much summed it all up. It was a really good day. I'm most likely gonna choose UoB as my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending