University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2015 Applications FAQ + Chat Thread + Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laidljod
I will be doing the same:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think all of Birmingham's accommodation looks decent anyway, especially compared to some other places I applied to
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Chihiro_
I think all of Birmingham's accommodation looks decent anyway, especially compared to some other places I applied to

Yea it does, Ive been living on my own for three years so I would love an end suite but I'm fine not having that and saving money!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshH3
Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham, Cardiff, Manchester and Liverpool
Nottingham, Cardiff, Manchester and Liverpool

I applied for Manchester aswell, but the accommodation isn't great! Regret not applying to Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshH3
I applied for Manchester aswell, but the accommodation isn't great! Regret not applying to Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, some of them look a bit rough, but very cheap!
Lol preaching this, I've only put 4 choices because there's such a lack of affordable places

What costs £9000?!
Original post by chloebassett23
What costs £9000?!

The apartments I guess, but Chamberlain is like £7800 :lolwut:
Tennis courts, maple bank and mason :smile:

I thought there was more choices than that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The apartments I guess, but Chamberlain is like £7800 :lolwut:

Oh I was going to say, no hall is that much!! Chamberlain tower was being demolished only a year ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah it is so expensive but i put down shackleton and chamberlain second will need to get a job over the summer and save up a bit aswell as i dont want my mum to have to cover the full amount of the remainder which my loan wont cover! thankfully it looks in good condition compared to some unis accomodation and i am so hoping i am on the vale lol
I've been accepted for Biomedical Sciences at Birmingham and Medical Sciences at Edinburgh- both are basically the same course, but I'm so torn. Could anyone please give me advice about which would be the better option based purely on academics/prestige/reputation/graduate prospects that sort of thing? thankss!

What's cheap but good accommodation?
Reply 1653
Hey I got an unconditional for maths and put it as my firm choice. But I put Leeds as an insurance as well. Do you think that will jeopardise my unconditional? I placed birminghams unconditional as firm as they asked but I'm worried that by placing an insurance as well they think I don't want it and it will be conditional. I don't think it would change it from unconditional but I'm afraid it might :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lucha
Hey I got an unconditional for maths and put it as my firm choice. But I put Leeds as an insurance as well. Do you think that will jeopardise my unconditional? I placed birminghams unconditional as firm as they asked but I'm worried that by placing an insurance as well they think I don't want it and it will be conditional. I don't think it would change it from unconditional but I'm afraid it might :/

If you get an unconditional offer that's precisely what it means. No conditions, so that won't change a thing. If you have an unconditional you will be going there so there isn't any need for an insurance but it won't affect anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if we have a FB group that isn't run by annoying club promoters?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Does anyone know if we have a FB group that isn't run by annoying club promoters?

Some departments have set up groups. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1657
Is anyone considering jarratt hall? Is it good for freshers?
Original post by ldrr
Is anyone considering jarratt hall? Is it good for freshers?

I am but only as third choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455
Some departments have set up groups. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? Awesome! I'm studying History & Political Science - how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending