The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
Well this is just ****ing great. Sobbing inn the toilets again. ****ing love my life. Done with this

:frown: :jumphug: Am around if talking would help. :hugs:

Original post by furryface12
Thanks :hugs: Realised I hadn't taken any medication whcih probably wasn't helping matters :facepalm: Feel a little bit better now, at least! How are you? :smile:

:eek: Can I help? :tongue: Ooorr if you are making muffins I can definitely help test some :yep:

Oh no! :s-smilie: I'm really bad at remembering to take mine. :colondollar: I have to set an alarm on my phone!
I'm not great. :s-smilie: Another argument with mum, and no sleep. :s-smilie:
Original post by superwolf
I know, cleaning is a pretty drastic measure, but I need more squeakies! :woo:

Just like I absolutely didn't get my Spanish class drunk during my home-brewing presentation. :ninja: :five:

:hugs:

OOOHH!!! :colone: Mices... :biggrin: I'd love a pet. :colondollar:
Original post by tasha96
:frown: :jumphug: Am around if talking would help. :hugs:

Oh no! :s-smilie: I'm really bad at remembering to take mine. :colondollar: I have to set an alarm on my phone!
I'm not great. :s-smilie: Another argument with mum, and no sleep. :s-smilie:

I normally do it when I brush my teeth but didn't for some reason this morning :redface:
:frown: Any chance of you being able to get some sleep today, potentially while people are out if they go out? :s-smilie: PM me if you want :hugs:

Pets are amazing! Even if my dog is currently cutting all circulation off from my feet and snoring her head off :lol:
I normally do it when I brush my teeth but didn't for some reason this morning :redface:
:frown: Any chance of you being able to get some sleep today, potentially while people are out if they go out? :s-smilie: PM me if you want :hugs:

Pets are amazing! Even if my dog is currently cutting all circulation off from my feet and snoring her head off :lol:

I dont want to sleep during the day, because then I might not sleep tonight. :sad: Thanks lovely, I might take you up on that if you don't mind. :redface: And the offer is there for you too. :smile: :hugs:

Ooooh! I really want a dog! :frown: I love collies. :love:
Original post by tasha96
I dont want to sleep during the day, because then I might not sleep tonight. :sad: Thanks lovely, I might take you up on that if you don't mind. :redface: And the offer is there for you too. :smile: :hugs:

Ooooh! I really want a dog! :frown: I love collies. :love:

True, an hour might help a bit though if you set an alarm or something to wake you up again? And of course I don't mind! Thank you :hugs:

Collies are good, I have a big fluffy airedale though who just looks like a giant teddy bear normally :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)
I have no idea where this burst of self-love and confidence has come from, but jesus. I LOVES IT.
I feel like I'm breaking, and I cant cope.
Reply 5986
Original post by .snowflake.
I have no idea where this burst of self-love and confidence has come from, but jesus. I LOVES IT.

:biggrin: yayyy this is good to hear :smile:

Original post by guitaristemily
I feel like I'm breaking, and I cant cope.

:hugs: what's up?

_________

guys I think I might come back with a new account because I've been ripped to death on the main boards for questions that I don't even think are weird :s-smilie:

I would also like to thank Wolfie and Odd for their recent advice :smile:
Gaaaah been phoning my volunteering place every week for the past six weeks or so, and still no DBS check!

Original post by tasha96

Having my pet mice has really helped with my mental health, I'd totally recommend it. :smile: Obviously your situation's a bit tricky as you're in and out of hospital, but once you're in a more stable position then it could be great for you. Mice make fantastic pets, as do hamsters or pretty much any small animals I reckon (Syrian hamsters seem to be the most 'robust' out of them that I know of though).

Original post by Riku
guys I think I might come back with a new account because I've been ripped to death on the main boards for questions that I don't even think are weird :s-smilie:

I would also like to thank Wolfie and Odd for their recent advice :smile:

People can be very cruel on here. :sadnod: I hope you'll keep posting in the society though, we're the good guys. :h: :tongue:
Original post by Riku
:biggrin: yayyy this is good to hear :smile:

I know!
I'm having to do this application form for a module I'm taking this semester. I have to apply for a project, and the one i've chosen has an element of public speaking in it, which I obv. find difficult due to my panic disorder. and i've managed to put a really positive spin on it. Basically saying yes, I do find this difficult because of my panic disorder, but i will not let it define me, or dictate what i can or cannot do in my life.
Reply 5989
I know!
I'm having to do this application form for a module I'm taking this semester. I have to apply for a project, and the one i've chosen has an element of public speaking in it, which I obv. find difficult due to my panic disorder. and i've managed to put a really positive spin on it. Basically saying yes, I do find this difficult because of my panic disorder, but i will not let it define me, or dictate what i can or cannot do in my life.

'feel the fear and do it anyway' then? :biggrin:
Reply 5990
Gaaaah been phoning my volunteering place every week for the past six weeks or so, and still no DBS check!

Having my pet mice has really helped with my mental health, I'd totally recommend it. :smile: Obviously your situation's a bit tricky as you're in and out of hospital, but once you're in a more stable position then it could be great for you. Mice make fantastic pets, as do hamsters or pretty much any small animals I reckon (Syrian hamsters seem to be the most 'robust' out of them that I know of though).

People can be very cruel on here. :sadnod: I hope you'll keep posting in the society though, we're the good guys. :h: :tongue:

I bring it upon myself a little as we discussed in the PM :/

Yeah if I do come back I'll still hang around you guys, of course :biggrin: I'm checking with a mod in the next few days because I'm not sure if I can have 2 accounts open at once.

how are you today? :hugs:
Original post by Riku
'feel the fear and do it anyway' then? :biggrin:

pretty much.
Reply 5992
pretty much.

sweet :smile: what module is it?
I know!

Awesome attitude. :h:

Original post by Riku
I bring it upon myself a little as we discussed in the PM :/

Yeah if I do come back I'll still hang around you guys, of course :biggrin: I'm checking with a mod in the next few days because I'm not sure if I can have 2 accounts open at once.

how are you today? :hugs:

:console: That's no excuse for people to be downright mean though, just cos you come across a little different.

AFAIK they only object if they've banned your other account, or if you use one of the accounts for trolling. :smile:

I'm good, still putting off the dreaded tidying, but hoping to get the kitchen nice and shiny by the end of today.
True, an hour might help a bit though if you set an alarm or something to wake you up again? And of course I don't mind! Thank you :hugs:

Collies are good, I have a big fluffy airedale though who just looks like a giant teddy bear normally :moon:

:jumphug:

I'd be frightened of them passing away. :redface: I definitely want a dog when I'm older/have a stable job! :smile: :eek: *realises she's never asked the bf if he likes dogs and runs off to check* :ninja:
Hope everyone is well today! :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
Its just hard when the rest of the world gets to sleep and it feels like youre totally alone. I dont like being alone. It hurts. :cry2:

aww honey!!!! you arent alone!!! we are always here!!!! :jumphug:

i understand that sometimes it can hurt us a lot but we have to push it aside and remember that we are loved!!! :jumphug:
Original post by tasha96
:jumphug:

I'd be frightened of them passing away. :redface: I definitely want a dog when I'm older/have a stable job! :smile: :eek: *realises she's never asked the bf if he likes dogs and runs off to check* :ninja:

True, it is pretty painful losing them. But I find keeping a group of mice means when one of them passes away I have the others to console me/each other. And I think it's best to focus on giving them the best life possible, even if it is quite a short one. :smile:

Dogs are awesome, hope the boyfriend does approve! :tongue:

Original post by moment of truth

I'm good thanks, yourself? :smile:
Original post by moment of truth

am tired! :puppyeyes:

:lovehug:
True, it is pretty painful losing them. But I find keeping a group of mice means when one of them passes away I have the others to console me/each other. And I think it's best to focus on giving them the best life possible, even if it is quite a short one. :smile:

Dogs are awesome, hope the boyfriend does approve! :tongue:

I'm good thanks, yourself? :smile:

Im alright for now, giving my form in for counselling so hopefully I can get that sorted soon.

Latest