The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by games211
don't UEA give out more interviews or have a higher applicant to interview ratio.. but I guess if you have a good UKCAT score, it doesn't really matter :smile:

Basically for Manchester look at the PS of the top 1000 ukcat scores (mines 760 so will be in that) and then give out 900ish interviews! So it's quite a good chance :smile:

Best of luck to you
How many of you guys here are resitting without extenuating/mitigating circumstances?
Reply 82
Original post by StarBizarre
How many of you guys here are resitting without extenuating/mitigating circumstances?

Me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StarBizarre

me too!
Ok Resit Cru, over the next few weeks interview invites are going to start being dished out.
Anyone who gets an interview please post on here ASAP and let the Cru know for inspiration.

Keep the faith.
Has anyone received an offer from their back-up?
I got an offer which I wasnt really expecting. Originally applied for neuro @ notts but received an alternative for microbiology :frown:((((((((((((
So if universities want you to be predicted an A* in the subject you are resitting, will the conditional offer be an A or an A* in that subject ?
Reply 87
Original post by 118student
So if universities want you to be predicted an A* in the subject you are resitting, will the conditional offer be an A or an A* in that subject ?

If its UEA you're speaking of then the A* because you're resitting, the typical offer doesn't really apply, thats what they said when i emailed admissions
Ok, urgh means I'm going to have to retake my empa :/ what are everyone's plans in terms of resit revision to get the A*?
Ok, urgh means I'm going to have to retake my empa :/ what are everyone's plans in terms of resit revision to get the A*?

i'm not sure if the unis i've applied to give an a* offer for resitters but i'm going to try and get one anyway by resitting all three biology a2 modules

I think only one of my unis (Manchester) will ask for an A*.

Basically if that's my only offer my plan is revise like an utter nutter and hope for the best...

I didn't get an A* in chem at GCSE so getting one at a level will be a challenge fo' sho'
Has anyone had any good news?

I received an interview invite from Manchester yesterday! There is hope for us resitters yet :smile:
came home from work just now to find out that i've been invited for an interview by plymouth!
Original post by adershsaravanaa
came home from work just now to find out that i've been invited for an interview by plymouth!

Get in there! :smile: congrats!

We can do this!

hopefully in the next week or 2 we get one from Exeter!
Original post by Dr. Django
Get in there! :smile: congrats!

We can do this!

hopefully in the next week or 2 we get one from Exeter!

thanks man, the same goes for you! an exeter interview would be insane! best to take it one step at a time i guess :biggrin:
Original post by adershsaravanaa
thanks man, the same goes for you! an exeter interview would be insane! best to take it one step at a time i guess :biggrin:

Yeah, for sure! I'm just relieved I've got one! Apparently Exeter are sending out interviews starting next week :s-smilie:

Just remembered that the 3 we are waiting for are exactly the same! Good luck, I'm getting so overexcited that medicine could be back on...
Original post by Dr. Django
Yeah, for sure! I'm just relieved I've got one! Apparently Exeter are sending out interviews starting next week :s-smilie:

Just remembered that the 3 we are waiting for are exactly the same! Good luck, I'm getting so overexcited that medicine could be back on...

omg that's so soon! i'm not going to be here for the first two weeks of december so it could be a problmem :/ imagine if we get the same interview date, i'd finally get to meet dr django in person :') medicine is the dream and we're one step closer, can't let it go this time
Reply 97
im retaking on exam for my as maths will that make a difference to my application? will they reject me for retaking? I got an A overall but i just want an higher A
Reply 98
Original post by theboom
im retaking on exam for my as maths will that make a difference to my application? will they reject me for retaking? I got an A overall but i just want an higher A

I don't think it will affect you, but honestly I don't think it is worth retaking just to get the same grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you guys put down a fifth option? Do biomedical/human sciences accept resit applicants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending