The Student Room Group

Tax discs

I had this discussion earlier and wanted to know who was right.
Basically- as you all are probably aware, from 1st october, you still tax your car as normal, but there will be no tax discs. If your tax runs out at the end of september (this month)- meaning you would renew the tax at some point this month (september) but, but the tax itself wouldnt actually start until 1st october- would you still get a tax disc??
I think you would?
Original post by Olympiad
I think you would?

I thought you would as well- as its from the 1st that they stop giving them out. But my grandad tried to tell me otherwise.
Reply 3
I'm taxing my Daimler at the end of the month... I'll let you know what happens!
Original post by JC.
I'm taxing my Daimler at the end of the month... I'll let you know what happens!

Ive got to tax my car for the the of the month as well. So we shall see what happens.
If the tax starts from the 1st Oct then I wouldn't expect a tax disk. But I can't say for sure.
Reply 6
My tax ends on the 30th, I renewed online today and it said I wouldn't be getting a tax disc.
Reply 7
Original post by samwooly
My tax ends on the 30th, I renewed online today and it said I wouldn't be getting a tax disc.

:frown:

I'll make a point of going to the post office then!
Reply 8
Original post by JC.

I'll make a point of going to the post office then!

Why so?

I'll still be taxed from the 1st of October, just won't be getting a paper disc for the one day :tongue:
Reply 9
You won't get a disc.

Whether you pay mid-month or at the end of the month is irrelevant. The tax period you are paying for starts on the 1st October. From the 1st October, vehicle tax will be paper-free so they cannot produce a disc for a period where no discs will exist.
Reply 10
Original post by samwooly
Why so?

I'll still be taxed from the 1st of October, just won't be getting a paper disc for the one day :tongue:

I want a disk! :frown:
Original post by Emma:-)
-

Lets say for example it ran out today and you renewed it today, then they would send you a temporary one in which you can print off, cut out and put on your car until the 1st of October, so there's your answer! :smile:
Original post by JC.
I want a disk! :frown:

I taxed my car at the post office on saturday. I didnt get a tax disk. I was gutted :-(
Original post by Walkaah
Lets say for example it ran out today and you renewed it today, then they would send you a temporary one in which you can print off, cut out and put on your car until the 1st of October, so there's your answer! :smile:

That dont make sense.
Reply 14
Original post by Emma:-)
I taxed my car at the post office on saturday. I didnt get a tax disk. I was gutted :-(

I think i'll just get one of those repro vintage disks you can get for the same month / year my car was registered new.
Slight tangent but does anyone know if I still need to display a tax disk after 1st October? If I got one starting from 1st Sept then can I just keep it in the car (instead of on display)?
Reply 16
My road tax ends on the 30th of this month, I was about to make a thread till I saw this.
Original post by Runninground
Slight tangent but does anyone know if I still need to display a tax disk after 1st October? If I got one starting from 1st Sept then can I just keep it in the car (instead of on display)?

Id just leave it in your window like it is now. It isnt doing any harm. Im not sure if you HAVE to by law since tax disks wont be given out no more, but best to be safe.
I don't know if it's just me but I'll be sad to see it go for some reason. Luckily mine expired at the end of August so I got a disc :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't like change

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending