The Student Room Group

How to start the A2 year right?

Hi guys

So I've just begun my A2 year and I want to apply for veterinary medicine so I need some really good grades this year (A*s please!?!) my As levels were good, but I felt very unorganised last year - I basically coasted till easter and then freaked out - I don't want to make this mistake again and want to start with 100% effort and keep it going - but I've no idea what to do with that effort - any hints?

Do I use class notes, make textbooks notes, when do I start doing past papers? Where can I find questions to attempt?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you
Personally I have no idea but moral support counts, right? Right?!

*showers with emoticons* :2euk48l::2euk48l::badger::bban::banana::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elmo:

No but seriously, stay off TSR this year as much as you can. It's going to distract you a lot :P
I did this.

1) Download zyzz music.

2) Get zyzz poster.

3) Get all books/internet.

4) Write list of all exams going to take.

5) Do 2 hours per subject a day.

6) Hit the gym.

7) Stare at zyzz.

8) lol at betas on here.

9) Study some more.

11) Did you notice I missed 10, toy mirin?

12) Circle of life, want those a stars - heck my surname has staR in it.

We're all gunna make it.
Original post by meo1010
Hi guys

So I've just begun my A2 year and I want to apply for veterinary medicine so I need some really good grades this year (A*s please!?!) my As levels were good, but I felt very unorganised last year - I basically coasted till easter and then freaked out - I don't want to make this mistake again and want to start with 100% effort and keep it going - but I've no idea what to do with that effort - any hints?

Do I use class notes, make textbooks notes, when do I start doing past papers? Where can I find questions to attempt?

Use class notes, but also go through textbooks/revision guides and make extra notes on topics that you're unsure about. More important than notes, though, are attempted exercises/questions-you'll learn through answering them as long as you answer first and look at mark schemes/answers second to find out what you've missed. That way you'll know what you need to work on and what you tend to forget. Questions can be found in revision guides and also if you search your exam board website and find the subject area you'll be able to get past papers and mark schemes.
Reply 4
Original post by ANEXIS kZstaR
I did this.

1) Download zyzz music.

2) Get zyzz poster.

3) Get all books/internet.

4) Write list of all exams going to take.

5) Do 2 hours per subject a day.

6) Hit the gym.

7) Stare at zyzz.

8) lol at betas on here.

9) Study some more.

11) Did you notice I missed 10, toy mirin?

12) Circle of life, want those a stars - heck my surname has staR in it.

We're all gunna make it.

u wot m10-2
Reply 5
Thank you, do you have any suggestions as to how often I should revisit topics as I'm worried how I'm going to fit everything into my free time
Reply 6
Original post by meo1010
Hi guys

The important thing is to keep up constant effort throughout the year, as you've noted. Make comprehensive notes for each section and once you've revised for end of topic tests regularly review the stuff you've learnt. The key is to get familiar with the material, and so the more you go over it the easier it becomes :smile:.

Use class notes, and the textbook, the summarise both into your own notes. You can find past papers online; I'm not so expert with science subjects, but just summary questions would be useful initially to check your understanding, then you can move onto exam-style qs :smile:
Reply 7
This is my A2 year as well:frown:
I got a horrible AS result and I know I have to put lots of effort this year. I make notes a few time a week before I hv lessons therefore I would have a clue about what the teacher is going to teach us and I find it a lot more easier for me to catch up and understand:smile:

Hope it work on you as well:smile:
Reply 8
In order to keep my memory freshes ,I would keep going through the stuff that I have learned and do past paper when It's 3/4 way done:smile: Hope we do well this year!! <3
Just putting it out there, it'll be great if you have A*, but a lot of the vet schools don't actually need A* or make offers for it.

Work from day one really, it means the work is going to be spread out and manageable and you on't be as under pressure closer to the exam period. I usually start past papers about a month or 2 before the exam, and for things like chemistry and biology, loads of practice questions. I shortened down the notes to main points and kept going over them, but there's no point in doing that unless you understand why things the way they are, so if you don't understand then ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending