The Student Room Group

change in career- can i swap a levels in year 13?

i was interested in medicine for a career but now am considering accounting- im doing bio(a2), chem(as) and maths(a2) right now but heard business and econ are good a level options for accounting and finance. i dont know what i should do, weather i should keep my alevels the same or drop chem for business? also, i want to make sure im making the right decision in changing careers, how can i ensure this?
Original post by kimpo078
i was interested in medicine for a career but now am considering accounting- im doing bio(a2), chem(as) and maths(a2) right now but heard business and econ are good a level options for accounting and finance. i dont know what i should do, weather i should keep my alevels the same or drop chem for business? also, i want to make sure im making the right decision in changing careers, how can i ensure this?

Check the unis requirements for accounting before making any decisions.
With regards to changing options, id speak to your school and see what they say. Different schools have different policies with regards to changing subjects (especially as you are in year 13). You may have to stay on another year though if you start a new a-level now.
Original post by kimpo078

You are fine, Maths plus anything else is the requirement for most accounting degrees, so you are fine with what you've got.

Quick Reply

Latest