The Student Room Group

Why no mail order grooms?

Watching that L. Theroux show on thai brides yesterday made me think : why are there no mail order grooms sites and companies (or if there are there's maybe a couple small ones compared to a gazzilion of mail bride ones)? Why is there no demand for them? I mean you can find a foreign bride from just about any corner of the developing world but no such alternative for single women. I mean, women always complain about how there are good men left so why not try abroad?

There are millions of divorced/never married women in their 30/40/50's who can't find a decent guy to marry so why not do what western men are doing in this situation and try to find a foreign partner? Again, why no demand from women for this kind of marriage? All this while the foreign bride industry is booming.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hypergamy
Reply 2
Hypergamy
Reply 3
Any female opinions?
hypergamy
Here's a guess.
Most mail order brides are looking to marry up for wealth
Most uk men, even wealthy ones, are happy to marry down for attraction/love.
Result...both happy.

Most uk women arent too fond of marrying down, especially wealthy ones. British women tend to avoid poor men with poor prospects like the plague.
They are looked on as losers and often called creepy just for daring to try to chat them up.
That presents a problem as any potential foreign mail order grooms would be marrying up so most uk women wouldnt be interested.
Even though women are supposed to be more romantic, it is the men who put love/attraction first, whereas women generally, are more hard nosed about it.
Result...no chance.
If you could get wealthy foriegn men to put themselves up as mail order grooms uk women would be lining up around the block.
Otherwise, no chance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Hypergamy
I only just learned what hypergamy means.

but hypergamy sounds legit.
Hypergamy.
Hypergamy. :tongue:
Reply 10
Hypergamy. :dontknow:
Maybe because there is a gap in the market that nobody has yet exploited?

The people that developed Tinder didn't sit around saying "why has nobody developed an app for meeting people on a mobile phone" they just went ahead and did it.

Set up a website and offer yourself as a mail order groom with next day delivery, 28 day money back guarantee if not satisfied. You might get an offer, just pack a suit and jump on the plane to your new bride. Boom its worked.
The same reason that blokes don't take naked selfies and upload them to their iCloud.
Reply 13
Because women hate men obvs.
Hypocrisy
Because one pussy is worth a thousand dicks.
Or maybe it's because women aren't taught to think of men as objects that can be bought and shipped for their own pleasure. Most mail order brides do not do it because they want to - they need to leave their country or build a better life for themselves. Many mail order brides become nothing but sex slaves. Men do not order mail order brides because they want a healthy, balanced relationship between two equals, they do it so they have someone to **** who can't refuse. It's disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending