The Student Room Group

American Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coffeetime
That's a good point. A lot of students on here think we're crazy for wanting to study in the UK, but the cost really is comparable, usually cheaper.

It really is! Tuition at Edinburgh will be about $25,000/year, whereas at the colleges here in the states I'm applying to are going to be closer to $50-60,000/year. I also haven't heard back from King's, which is in England so that would be only 3 years. It is a good option cost-wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nellybelly29
It really is! Tuition at Edinburgh will be about $25,000/year, whereas at the colleges here in the states I'm applying to are going to be closer to $50-60,000/year. I also haven't heard back from King's, which is in England so that would be only 3 years. It is a good option cost-wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love King's. I wanted to apply there, but I just didn't love the idea of being in London for three years. My course (ancient history) isn't really offered in the United States anyway, so it's a no brainer choosing to study in the UK. I hope I hear something next week. I'm so envious of you.
I love King's. I wanted to apply there, but I just didn't love the idea of being in London for three years. My course (ancient history) isn't really offered in the United States anyway, so it's a no brainer choosing to study in the UK. I hope I hear something next week. I'm so envious of you.

I applied because it was easy enough to do on UCAS, but I agree. I don't know if I could do London. How cool! I was actually considering history and ancient history but decided on international relations.

Hopefully you start getting offers soon! I would imagine you will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi sorry to be the brit to crash the American applicant thread but I was wondering if any of you guys applied early action or early decision and to what universities? I've applied to the states this year so I'm just a bit anxious!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123
Hi sorry to be the brit to crash the American applicant thread but I was wondering if any of you guys applied early action or early decision and to what universities? I've applied to the states this year so I'm just a bit anxious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied early action to Georgetown, Case Western Reserve University, The University of Notre Dame, and The University of Maryland. Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied early action to Georgetown, Case Western Reserve University, The University of Notre Dame, and The University of Maryland. Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow those are fantastic unis! I deci decided to apply early desicion to bowdoin not sure if I've got a great chance though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123
Wow those are fantastic unis! I deci decided to apply early desicion to bowdoin not sure if I've got a great chance though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! I'm sure you're a very competitive applicant:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck! I'm sure you're a very competitive applicant:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you! Good luck to you too :smile:
So I got an email asking for my transcripts, hopefully thats a good sign. I hope hear back soon :smile: Hasn't even been a week since I submitted my application. They work fast!
Original post by ceejer25
So I got an email asking for my transcripts, hopefully thats a good sign. I hope hear back soon :smile: Hasn't even been a week since I submitted my application. They work fast!

What course and unis did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by robthehero
What course and unis did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

International marketing, and I applied to uni of Westminster, Leeds, and Southampton

Good luck! They do work fast for international students, it's really nice haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck! They do work fast for international students, it's really nice haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it really depends on the course and uni. I applied for law almost a month ago, and still have to hear back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kent asked for my transcripts and then gave me an offer almost two weeks later. So think happy thoughts.
so I'm a little late to the party but...

I'm applying for Arabic & linguistics, linguistics, and English language & linguistics at:
KCL
University of Westminster
Leeds
York
Edinburgh

I sent off my UCAS yesterday!
The foundation year is starting to look more likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cheersdominique
so I'm a little late to the party but...

I'm applying for Arabic & linguistics, linguistics, and English language & linguistics at:
KCL
University of Westminster
Leeds
York
Edinburgh

I sent off my UCAS yesterday!

Good luck! Those are great schools! What's your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The foundation year is starting to look more likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Why is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck! Those are great schools! What's your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

King's by far. Perfect location, I'm in love with the course, and it has a phenomenal reputation!
Original post by cheersdominique
King's by far. Perfect location, I'm in love with the course, and it has a phenomenal reputation!

Awesome! I applied to King's as well, but I'm not as invested because Edinburgh is my top school. Good luck! I hope they give you an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending