The Student Room Group

Graduating Harvard Undergrad from UK - Happy to Answer Any Qs

Hello, TSR Community!

Delighted to come back here after my time away since 2019, when I was navigating the thrilling process of US university applications, just like many of you.

Now, as I graduate from Harvard in 2 weeks, I am eager to offer guidance to anyone contemplating this journey to America.

A quick introduction: I am from Wales and have spent the past four years at Harvard, studying Government and Computer Science, and I'm thrilled that I'll be graduating with honors soon. Post-graduation, I will be going into the tech industry in Silicon Valley.

Should you have any queries about US college applications or the international US undergrad experience, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help and would be delighted to share my insights! :smile:
Reply 1
Oops! Posted anonymously. Should you wish to reach out, feel free to PM me or ask away here :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Why does Harvard suck so much compared to Yale?
Reply 3
Original post by yeezyb
Oops! Posted anonymously. Should you wish to reach out, feel free to PM me or ask away here :smile:

What kind of grades and extra-curricular things are they looking for please? I keep seeing American students sharing their 'stats' but I don't understand how it works for us in the UK. Also, how does the application process work for an international student? Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, TSR Community!

Delighted to come back here after my time away since 2019, when I was navigating the thrilling process of US university applications, just like many of you.

Now, as I graduate from Harvard in 2 weeks, I am eager to offer guidance to anyone contemplating this journey to America.

A quick introduction: I am from Wales and have spent the past four years at Harvard, studying Government and Computer Science, and I'm thrilled that I'll be graduating with honors soon. Post-graduation, I will be going into the tech industry in Silicon Valley.

Should you have any queries about US college applications or the international US undergrad experience, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help and would be delighted to share my insights! :smile:

I'm an incoming student at Harvard and have a few questions :smile:

Random, but are there many British students? How did you find integrating with US students?

Secondly, what are some good places to shop for food in Cambridge?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an incoming student at Harvard and have a few questions :smile:

Random, but are there many British students? How did you find integrating with US students?

Secondly, what are some good places to shop for food in Cambridge?

I go to Yale but have friends at Harvard. The Ivies, at least at undergrad, have a lot of Brits. At Yale, there are more Brits than any other country (except the US, of course), and I imagine its the same case at Harvard. That being said, most your friends will probably be Americans - there simply aren't that many internationals, and ~90% of the school will be Americans.

To answer the second question, Felipe's is good. You'll probably want a good restaurant list, Harvard food isn't the best lol
Reply 6
Original post by hoixw
I go to Yale but have friends at Harvard. The Ivies, at least at undergrad, have a lot of Brits. At Yale, there are more Brits than any other country (except the US, of course), and I imagine its the same case at Harvard. That being said, most your friends will probably be Americans - there simply aren't that many internationals, and ~90% of the school will be Americans.

To answer the second question, Felipe's is good. You'll probably want a good restaurant list, Harvard food isn't the best lol

Thank you so much :smile: I really appreciate it. Do you find the classes easier or harder than you expected?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending