The Student Room Group

I Want A Hipster Boyfriend - HELP :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schezerade

Yeah, I heard that the ultimate insult is to call a hipster a hipster :lol: Not really TBH, most of my friends are from work and stuff so they tend to be about as unalternative as they come. Though I have a few with the odd "quirky" interest :tongue:

I might do that, yeah. Would it have to be an exotic instrument nobody had ever heard of, though, not something like the piano? :colondollar: And I'm definitely popping down to Camden before I start work, from pics I've seen online it looks positively amazing and quirky :biggrin:

Doesn't really matter what instrument tbh a keen interest is good enough but not too pretentious, hipsters hate that :redface: You'll be fine though just whip out that sexy secretarial office wear :colone:
Lol this isn't meant to be some massive hipster debate

Yeah, me too. They all look so cute :colondollar: :biggrin:

It's because their dress sense is childish. You probably have paedophilic tendencies :lolwut:
Knew it would be only a matter of time before someone posted something like this :lol: *listens*

lol it gets good
Reply 63
Oh, to think that the time that people were wanted for who they were as an individual is consigned to historical footnotes :moon:
Lol this isn't meant to be some massive hipster debate

I'm saying that to want a 'hipster boyfriend' is just about the most tedious of wishes for a modern person to have.

It's not like they want some beach blonde Aussie surfer type- I can understand that. No- they want some watered down pseudo person who's neither too clever nor too cultured nor too.. etc etc but some made up 'Golden Mean' combination of these which results in coming out with a cynical yet easy going non-person.

And, of course, because this website will be full of them, few object.
Reply 65
I don't think he lifts at all :lol: TBF, though, skinny jeans are mighty hot on guys (IMO :gah:)

TBH, I've no idea what you see in such types really :tongue:
Reply 66
Original post by Black Cat
Doesn't really matter what instrument tbh a keen interest is good enough but not too pretentious, hipsters hate that :redface: You'll be fine though just whip out that sexy secretarial office wear :colone:

I was actually thinking of learning the piano anyway, yeah :tongue: I'm not very pretentious though TBH - comes of being a corporate type - although I thought some hipsters loved that?

Haha, yes. I don't know if hipsters dig short officey dresses and shiny stilettos a lot, but we shall see :colone:
Must be pretty good, then. I do love a good night on the tiles :biggrin: What are the other best places for a night out? (Yep... I'm a complete newbie lol :colondollar:)

Original post by Zürich
X

Hey Zur :h: can you please tell her about Camden in general and it's nightlife? Also a little about its surrounding areas i.e- Kentish Town? At's more your scene init lol. Thanks!

Original post by ChickenMadness
Sounds like the area around Bristol uni lol.

Lol really? I swear it's such a funny almost 'magical' place sometimes lmao. And the thing is when you get back on the tube a few stops down everything is really ordinary again.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by Nogoodsorgods
I'm saying that to want a 'hipster boyfriend' is just about the most tedious of wishes for a modern person to have.

It's not like they want some beach blonde Aussie surfer type- I can understand that. No- they want some watered down pseudo person who's neither too clever nor too cultured nor too.. etc etc but some made up 'Golden Mean' combination of these which results in coming out with a cynical yet easy going non-person.

And, of course, because this website will be full of them, few object.

I think you're reading into this a bit too much. I want a guy with a certain look (i.e. the one in the OP - which I have seen mostly on hipsters) and an artsy, "eccentric," quirky kind of personality.

Maybe "hipster" was the wrong word to use - but does anyone even know how to define a hipster any more? :beard:

You are right about the cynicism though, good point. I have met a few die-hard hipsters (not all) who are so cynical and "ironic" that it makes my (optimistic) self want to be slightly sick.

kka25
TBH, I've no idea what you see in such types really :tongue:

As I said in the OP, not my usual type :colondollar: But I'm just digging the whole "feminine" look right now. Don't ask me why :tongue:
LOL you should meet my mate, unfortunately he's in north weezy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Hey Zur :h: can you please tell her about Camden in general and it's nightlife? Also a little about its surrounding areas i.e- Kentish Town? At's more your scene init lol. Thanks!

Lol really? I swear it's such a funny almost 'magical' place lmao.

Well in Bristol it's full of graffiti, independent coffee shops and galleries. And people that look like this as far as the eye can see.
Reply 71

Lol really? I swear it's such a funny almost 'magical' place lmao.

Isn't Camden "post-hipster" these days lol?
Reply 72

As I said in the OP, not my usual type :colondollar: But I'm just digging the whole "feminine" look right now. Don't ask me why :tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 73

Ahhh thank you a ton! :biggrin: *makes mental note to + rep as soon as I recharge tomorrow* :colondollar:

RhymeAsylumForever
LOL you should meet my mate, unfortunately he's in north weezy :frown:

I'll be moving to London soon! :lol:

Does your mate look like one of the guys in the OP? :gah:
Hipsters need to be shot tbh
Reply 75
Original post by kka25

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, if I were to make a list of guys I'd ever been attracted to, it would go something like this, starting from the most recent bloke :rofl:

-6 ft 3 rugby player
-6 ft 1 tennis/squash player
-5 ft 11 rower
-anything sporty, extroverted, fun, and basically the male, masculine version of me

(I'm guessing you're one of those types yourself? Lol :colondollar:)

Sometimes, one just wants a little change. Even if you'd been eating your favourite food for a week, for instance, at some point you would get bored and crave something different :tongue:
Reply 76
I'm so hipster that I think I'm slowly turning into an anime character

How do I remedy this?
Original post by samba
Isn't Camden "post-hipster" these days lol?

Long time no speak :tongue:
Not as far as I'm concerned. Went there last week to meet a friend...hipsters still around sitting on the floor strumming guitars and what not.

Original post by ChickenMadness
Well in Bristol it's full of graffiti, independent coffee shops and galleries. And people that look like this as far as the eye can see.

Exactly!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=camden+town&client=tablet-android-hp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FZskVLnyNYrnapK4guAI&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg#facrc=_

I'll take you there at uni :lol:

I'll be moving to London soon! :lol:

Does your mate look like one of the guys in the OP? :gah:

Yep, he always wears a beanie, a few weeks ago dyed his hair white!? Couldn't begin to describe his haircut but yeah he is a hipster pretty much

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was actually thinking of learning the piano anyway, yeah :tongue: I'm not very pretentious though TBH - comes of being a corporate type - although I thought some hipsters loved that?

Haha, yes. I don't know if hipsters dig short officey dresses and shiny stilettos a lot, but we shall see :colone:

I meant pretentious as in pretending to like instruments just to attract hipsters :tongue: not that you're one of them but some people are. Who doesn't like sexy office wear, unless they're gay :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest