The Student Room Group

My study buddy crush

I have a crush on a girl since december last year. She does the same study as me. I got to know her at the end of october via her friend who was in my workgroup. During the breaks I would eat with this group and pretty often I would sit alone with my crush and could talk with her, because she was pretty quiet at first and seemed quiet uninterested when I made eye contact with her at the beginning. I got to make more contact with her when one day I sat alone at the end of a break and was giving her some schoolrelated tips. Since the end of november I would check up on her and help her out during classes. In december she would also go to me to ask me for help and she would help me to. In december I pushed her lightly with my indexfinger to show how I thought about a footballmatch where the players of one team fell pretty easy. At that moment it looked like she was paralyzed and she just stared in front of her after which I got a bit scared after which I was questioning myself if I went maybe over the boundary to touch her. After that moment she touched me a few times on my upper arm in december and also put her arm on my shoulder one time when she was teasing me about something. When I was walking with her one time during december it seemed like she was a a magnet attracted to me, but I was stupid enough to point out we would bump into each other and she then started walking parallel again. I then thought she liked me, but after Christmas she didn't show the signs that she liked me anymore. She also posted a picture on whatsapp with only her upper part of her and someone elses head which are making contact. I have to admit I was lightly irritated when I didn't notice any signs she liked me anymore. But hen I thought why would I be so irritated. She's such a nice person and if she doesn't like me or has a boyfriend already I have to accept that and at that moment I just wanted to be good friends with her. I tried to not see her as my crush. For a while that wetn pretty good, but since the beginning march I now noticed that when she handed me something her fingers would touch my fingers and she also sometimes softly slapped my hand after which she tried to justify slapping my hand. A few times when she would walk with me or would talk with me it seemed like she didn't know which distance she had to have between me and her. It was during may when I really thought she liked me. So I didn't really know whether she liked me or not. That's why I sat a bit far from her when I talked to her after an exam. She then begin to sit really close to me. A week later after an exam she had to make an assignment and I helped her out ignoring the fact that she told me not to help her. So when I was talking to her she caught me a bit unshamely looking at her upper leg. I was panicking a bit when I saw she noticed me checking her out. But then suddenly while she was making eye contact with me she started to bump into me after which her upper leg made contact with mine and her hand made contact with my upper arm. I first noticed myself moving my leg and upper arm a bit away from her, but then I thought what the heck I really like this so I was just enjoying the moment a bit and relaxed everything. The thing is now that I think she likes me , but I don't know if this is enough to know that for sure. I am also a bit scared to ask her whether she likes me or not, because I really don't want to make things awkward between me and her and I don't want to cause any trouble if she has a boyfriend already. The friendship which we have is almost totally studyrelated. When it isn't studyrelated I am the first one to text her which I also find quite troubling and if she responds she texts with the most efficiently meaning short messages ever. Another thing which was freaking me a bit out was that when I told her I am visiting a country this summer she asked me to buy her a souvenir. She made a deal with me to swap it with an ugly souvenir her mother bought her (which I find quite funny, but also a bit mean to me). I agreed to buy her a souvenir, but I still think it's a bit of a weird thing to do if she already has a boyfriend. The question is now, do you think the signs I noticed of she liking me is enough and what do you think of her asking me to exchange souvenirs with each other? Like, is exchanging souvenirs just her making it obvious that she sees me more like a friend than a crush. And should I ask her to know she has a boyfriend for sure (without making it too obvious I like her and making things unnecesarily awkward) if yes how? I also am a bit curious what you guys think about her texting behaviour towards me. Like, is she just not that interested in me or is she playing it cool? The last question I have for you is: Is it maybe a good idea that when I notice her touching me to ask her if she does that because she sees me more than a friend or even as a crush?
P.S. Sorry for this whole essay:colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by pokeguy
I have a crush on a girl since december last year. She does the same study as me. I got to know her at the end of october via her friend who was in my workgroup. During the breaks I would eat with this group and pretty often I would sit alone with my crush and could talk with her, because she was pretty quiet at first and seemed quiet uninterested when I made eye contact with her at the beginning. I got to make more contact with her when one day I sat alone at the end of a break and was giving her some schoolrelated tips. Since the end of november I would check up on her and help her out during classes. In december she would also go to me to ask me for help and she would help me to. In december I pushed her lightly with my indexfinger to show how I thought about a footballmatch where the players of one team fell pretty easy. At that moment it looked like she was paralyzed and she just stared in front of her after which I got a bit scared after which I was questioning myself if I went maybe over the boundary to touch her. After that moment she touched me a few times on my upper arm in december and also put her arm on my shoulder one time when she was teasing me about something. When I was walking with her one time during december it seemed like she was a a magnet attracted to me, but I was stupid enough to point out we would bump into each other and she then started walking parallel again. I then thought she liked me, but after Christmas she didn't show the signs that she liked me anymore. She also posted a picture on whatsapp with only her upper part of her and someone elses head which are making contact. I have to admit I was lightly irritated when I didn't notice any signs she liked me anymore. But hen I thought why would I be so irritated. She's such a nice person and if she doesn't like me or has a boyfriend already I have to accept that and at that moment I just wanted to be good friends with her. I tried to not see her as my crush. For a while that wetn pretty good, but since the beginning march I now noticed that when she handed me something her fingers would touch my fingers and she also sometimes softly slapped my hand after which she tried to justify slapping my hand. A few times when she would walk with me or would talk with me it seemed like she didn't know which distance she had to have between me and her. It was during may when I really thought she liked me. So I didn't really know whether she liked me or not. That's why I sat a bit far from her when I talked to her after an exam. She then begin to sit really close to me. A week later after an exam she had to make an assignment and I helped her out ignoring the fact that she told me not to help her. So when I was talking to her she caught me a bit unshamely looking at her upper leg. I was panicking a bit when I saw she noticed me checking her out. But then suddenly while she was making eye contact with me she started to bump into me after which her upper leg made contact with mine and her hand made contact with my upper arm. I first noticed myself moving my leg and upper arm a bit away from her, but then I thought what the heck I really like this so I was just enjoying the moment a bit and relaxed everything. The thing is now that I think she likes me , but I don't know if this is enough to know that for sure. I am also a bit scared to ask her whether she likes me or not, because I really don't want to make things awkward between me and her and I don't want to cause any trouble if she has a boyfriend already. The friendship which we have is almost totally studyrelated. When it isn't studyrelated I am the first one to text her which I also find quite troubling and if she responds she texts with the most efficiently meaning short messages ever. Another thing which was freaking me a bit out was that when I told her I am visiting a country this summer she asked me to buy her a souvenir. She made a deal with me to swap it with an ugly souvenir her mother bought her (which I find quite funny, but also a bit mean to me). I agreed to buy her a souvenir, but I still think it's a bit of a weird thing to do if she already has a boyfriend. The question is now, do you think the signs I noticed of she liking me is enough and what do you think of her asking me to exchange souvenirs with each other? Like, is exchanging souvenirs just her making it obvious that she sees me more like a friend than a crush. And should I ask her to know she has a boyfriend for sure (without making it too obvious I like her and making things unnecesarily awkward) if yes how? I also am a bit curious what you guys think about her texting behaviour towards me. Like, is she just not that interested in me or is she playing it cool? The last question I have for you is: Is it maybe a good idea that when I notice her touching me to ask her if she does that because she sees me more than a friend or even as a crush?
P.S. Sorry for this whole essay:colondollar:

After reading your whole essay :biggrin:, I can sense that she likes you. If she didn't, she wouldn't have done the things she did to you. Don't think too much whether she's a boyfriend or not. Just express your feelings and ask her if she has the same feelings towards you. You'll get answers to all of your questions from her.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj
After reading your whole essay :biggrin:, I can sense that she likes you. If she didn't, she wouldn't have done the things she did to you. Don't think too much whether she's a boyfriend or not. Just express your feelings and ask her if she has the same feelings towards you. You'll get answers to all of your questions from her.

Thank you for your advice!
It means a lot to me!
Reply 3
Original post by pokeguy
Thank you for your advice!
It means a lot to me!

Welcome to you! Good luck with your shot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending