The Student Room Group

Discomfort when fingering/penetrating

I’m I recently started having sex with my boyfriend and before that I used to masturbate.When I tried fingering my self I used to feel discomfort and pain, but now when I have sex with my boyfriend I just feels uncomfortable and Un pleasure able.I’m beginning to think there is something wrong with me, Is this normal?
Reply 1
Oh youre not alone girl. Its same here. I wonder if its just us.
Is it every time you do this? Is there a specific location of the pain? It's quite possible that you need to see a GP as the issue has been going on for some time.

Edit: Both of you^
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Is it every time you do this? Is there a specific location of the pain? It's quite possible that you need to see a GP as the issue has been going on for some time.

Edit: Both of you^

No specific location for me. I just ant orgasm because Im already asking him to finish because the friction is painful. Its just after one round, its very painful when he would try to do it again.
Original post by rodiane17
No specific location for me. I just ant orgasm because Im already asking him to finish because the friction is painful. Its just after one round, its very painful when he would try to do it again.

One obvious question is about the level of lubrication. Another is whether this occurs with all partners or just your current one?
Reply 5
In both cases it sounds like a lubrication issue. Being careful what I say, but tons of foreplay needed - make sure you've had at least one orgasm from oral, fingers, toys first. Too many men, too keen to get on with the deed. Using artificial lube can also help. You need to feel comfortable, safe and aroused. If you are worried it will hurt, it will stop you relaxing, prevent you getting turned on and not produce natural lubrication.
Original post by Apachecow
In both cases it sounds like a lubrication issue. Being careful what I say, but tons of foreplay needed - make sure you've had at least one orgasm from oral, fingers, toys first. Too many men, too keen to get on with the deed. Using artificial lube can also help. You need to feel comfortable, safe and aroused. If you are worried it will hurt, it will stop you relaxing, prevent you getting turned on and not produce natural lubrication.

It's difficult to talk about sometimes, but this ^
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I’m I recently started having sex with my boyfriend and before that I used to masturbate.When I tried fingering my self I used to feel discomfort and pain, but now when I have sex with my boyfriend I just feels uncomfortable and Un pleasure able.I’m beginning to think there is something wrong with me, Is this normal?

you're not wet enough! been there and done that - your body is anxious because you're used to being in pain, so when the topic comes up your body doesn't feel comfortable. there is NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU. if you were recently a virgin it could also be that, but mainly you just need to be more relaxed and your boyfriend needs to engage in more foreplay, nothing wrong with that. always be vocal about what you do and don't like during sex, you wouldn't want your boyfriend to feel like it hurts during it either, so bring up that you need to have a bit more "you time" before you get penetrated.
Reply 8
you're not wet enough! been there and done that - your body is anxious because you're used to being in pain, so when the topic comes up your body doesn't feel comfortable. there is NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU. if you were recently a virgin it could also be that, but mainly you just need to be more relaxed and your boyfriend needs to engage in more foreplay, nothing wrong with that. always be vocal about what you do and don't like during sex, you wouldn't want your boyfriend to feel like it hurts during it either, so bring up that you need to have a bit more "you time" before you get penetrated.

(also, a good rule of thumb to know if you're ready for something significantly larger than a finger is if you can take about two of them without pain or discomfort. if there is ANY discomfort, you're not ready for the d yet.)
(also, a good rule of thumb to know if you're ready for something significantly larger than a finger is if you can take about two of them without pain or discomfort. if there is ANY discomfort, you're not ready for the d yet.)

Very apt! 😆
This is very normal. Lubrication is the key. Tell your man to go down on you!

Quick Reply

Latest