The Student Room Group

I'm 21, when will I start to age?

I'm 21, and I basically look about 17. That's what everyone thinks.

Everyone of my mates are taller, broader, and look more grown up than me.

I'm 5'8", skinny (29/30" waist), 10 stone, no proper facial hair yet, and I've not got a big build.

I hate looking so young. I guess in the future it might be a blessing, but for now, I want to look like most others my age. At Uni, they were doing a promotional video for the course and filming us talking about it and they were filming views of people working. They didn't want me in the shots because I "looked a bit young".

I've never been confident around the ladies too. Everyone seems grown up, and I seem like the little kid who's being taken out by their older brothers/sisters. People say i'm "cute" or "handsome" but I've never got any confidence and that's all people say. No one ever seems interested in me.

Christmas 2010 (when I was 17), I was ID'd to buy Happy Gilmore. It's a 12. Yes. I'm being serious!!
Original post by 2scotty

I'm 5'8", skinny (29/30" waist), 10 stone, no proper facial hair yet, and I've not got a big build.

I've never been confident around the ladies too. Everyone seems grown up, and I seem like the little kid who's being taken out by their older brothers/sisters. People say i'm "cute" or "handsome" but I've never got any confidence and that's all people say. No one ever seems interested in me.

Christmas 2010 (when I was 17), I was ID'd to buy Happy Gilmore. It's a 12. Yes. I'm being serious!!

I don't imagine you're really going to grow any more. As for being broader, eat more and hit the gym. HARD.

Also how do you not get a confidence boost from being called handsome? That's basically a girl telling you "lets go and ****, right now" (well almost), even cute generally means they had some kind of interest at the time.

What lets you down appears to be your confidence, lack of confidence is literally the most unattractive thing to 99% of girls (Threads on TSR where girls say they love shy guys don't count. Chances are you won't meet those girls in rl). To help with confidence for approaching random girls, make sure you talk to strangers throughout the night. I'll start conversations with guys, couples, ugly girls etc and then by the time I see a girl who I'm interested in you've already warmed yourself up.
Original post by dean01234
I don't imagine you're really going to grow any more. As for being broader, eat more and hit the gym. HARD.

Also how do you not get a confidence boost from being called handsome? That's basically a girl telling you "lets go and ****, right now" (well almost), even cute generally means they had some kind of interest at the time.

What lets you down appears to be your confidence, lack of confidence is literally the most unattractive thing to 99% of girls (Threads on TSR where girls say they love shy guys don't count. Chances are you won't meet those girls in rl). To help with confidence for approaching random girls, make sure you talk to strangers throughout the night. I'll start conversations with guys, couples, ugly girls etc and then by the time I see a girl who I'm interested in you've already warmed yourself up.

It's not girls saying that in public. I once put a photo of me on TSR. Plus it's old people. Haha. I work part-time in retail and I smiled at an old granny. She said to me "Your smile has made my day. If only I was younger...". Even if people say i'm good looking, it doesn't boost my confidence. It just feels like everyone else has something I haven't got. I've never been a confident person. I don't really know how to make myself more confident.
Reply 3
Maybe you should take steroids toil get small balls and a hairy back if that will make you feel better?! Lol jokes, nah just hit the gym and keep shaving every day even if nothings there, buy a membership to a gym and make friends with som1 in there so you got som1 to train with! When you get muscles your confidence will boost up, women lobe muscley men with baby face so your be fine
It may just be in your head. I don't know why you've posted your waist size? For a guy who is a healthy weight a 30 inch waist is what your waist should be... what is your chest size and shoulder width? If it isn't in your head, you could always start lifting...
Enjoy it whilst it lasts I would give my hind teeth to be like you
Original post by 2scotty

I hate looking so young. I guess in the future it might be a blessing, but for now, I want to look like most others my age. At Uni, they were doing a promotional video for the course and filming us talking about it and they were filming views of people working. They didn't want me in the shots because I "looked a bit young".

Quick Reply

Latest