The Student Room Group
I see the resemblance...but had it been a major issue, they wouldn't been airing it in the first place...
i'm on the rocky road heading down off teh mountain slope...i love that song...............Bedouin Soundclash - when the night feels my song
Reply 3
I can't say I would have noticed the resemblance unless it was pointed out, or maybe if it was shown during a break of a 9/11 documentary, in which case it'd be a bit more obvious and potentially not good.

During the documentary about the skydiver that died last year, there was the bank advert where the guy is parasailing and his parachute collapses and he falls into the sea, and the T Mobile Flext one where the guy falls from the sky and lands on the ground but it kinda flexes to absorb him. I didn't think either of those was particularly tasteful given the context of the show; both were shown as the first ad during consecutive commercial breaks.
Reply 4
I see where you're coming from but to be honest I think you're being oversensitive when you say the ad shouldn't be shown.
I understand where your coming from, but I think its a bit silly really.... way way to far...

I mean are we never allowed to show any tower building coming down again?(In films,adverts,whatever)
You could then use this to also say that its insensitive to show anything with a plane crash in....

Its a slippery slope
Reply 6
I get deeply offended when people play dominoes now. It creates a vivid impression of 9/11 in my mind's eye. :frown:
Reply 7
:toofunny:
Reply 8
the world needs to move on from 9/11. We can't stop showing things just because they are slightly linked to what happened on that day.
Reply 9
If it genuinely upsets you, then complain to the Advertising Standards Authority
Ferrus
I get deeply offended when people play dominoes now. It creates a vivid impression of 9/11 in my mind's eye. :frown:

:biggrin: :rolleyes: I get your point people :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending