The Student Room Group

What are Step changes, the different Steps and is it bad if you have to visit Step 4

My counsellor says that she feels that the current intervention is insufficient for treating me (suspected OCD, awaiting diagnosis) so she is going to seek referral for a step change to Step 4 (Psychologies). What does this mean? I have been to Step 4 once before in 2012.

I am with NHS IAPT
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Riku
My counsellor says that she feels that the current intervention is insufficient for treating me (suspected OCD, awaiting diagnosis) so she is going to seek referral for a step change to Step 4 (Psychologies). What does this mean? I have been to Step 4 once before in 2012.

I am with NHS IAPT

I don't know too much about it, but I think it's something to do with OCT - there are 5 levels of intervention, where the more serious and complex cases go to a higher level. What happened when you were in step 4 before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by bullettheory
I don't know too much about it, but I think it's something to do with OCT - there are 5 levels of intervention, where the more serious and complex cases go to a higher level. What happened when you were in step 4 before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw a psychologist for 12 weeks doing some weird mix of CBT and counselling while I was put on Fluoxetine
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

bump. Hey, replied to you earlier, what is OCT? (Or did you mean OCD :tongue:)
Original post by Riku
bump. Hey, replied to you earlier, what is OCT? (Or did you mean OCD :tongue:)

Hey yeah I meant OCD :redface: I imagine stage 4 will be similar to what you had last time :smile:
Reply 5
Hey yeah I meant OCD :redface: I imagine stage 4 will be similar to what you had last time :smile:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest