The Student Room Group

A Change in Time

I was born in a relatively small town. Not too small where everyone know everyone, but small enough to not even be heard of in our own region. There was never anything to do and it seemed like everyone wants to get out. Houses were fairly priced and rush hour didn't really exist. Crime was not low, but it never compared to big cities. Well times sure have changed.
This town has grown into a city. Its borders touch the borders of near by towns. It takes good 45 to 60 minutes to get from one side to another during morning hours(there no one really on the road and main roads stay green). Rush hour is actualy more like 3 hours, though it seems like theres still nothing to do, we have our name in tour books both nationally and internationally. People from out of town always moved in as locals seem to still want to move out, but not because its boaring. My town, correction... My city made its place on the top ten highest crime rate in the nation. Just resently there have been four house raids to find the houeses filled with pot and materials to grow the substance(here, its illegal), along with stock piles of weapons. There has been 2 murders, a count of 3 or 4 break-ins, and at least one person has been muged that I know of. Recently is one month. I'm pretty sure we have the highest rate of grand theft auto nationaly. Criminals seem to move here from the big cities because of cheaper housing, which have actually gone up. Not sure by how much or to what it is right now.

It surely is wierd, and kind of sad(mostly to me cause I live here). But damn...time sure has changed.
Reply 1
Farrdango
But damn...time sure has changed.

Indeed it has.
Reply 2
Farrdango
I was born in a relatively small town.
But damn...time sure has changed.

People are changing, but not the time. To choose the direction of changes is up to our decision.
"why address the world, if the world is not watching" my point being that, your problem is not just localised to your area, its a trend happening everywhere. Thus, you really should be addressing changes in the world, such as globalization.
Reply 4
Alexandr
People are changing, but not the time. To choose the direction of changes is up to our decision.

Your statement is so true... should change it.

Hurricane_Herd

"why address the world, if the world is not watching" my point being that, your problem is not just localised to your area, its a trend happening everywhere. Thus, you really should be addressing changes in the world, such as globalization.

I know its not just localized to one area. I'm just stating what has happened localy. I am not really trying to complain and change the world here. I'm just simply putting something down that I find a little surprising. But you are correct.
Reply 5
Dude :redface: that sounds awful.
My hometown is small but growing, but its full of old people who don't really break the law that often :p: Its only the scousers that cause trouble. (if you're scouse, that was a joke, if you're not, it wasn't)

*edit* Pleeeeeaase tell me where you are on about (pretty please!). OK, I'll guess, Preston? Nottingham?.. I give up :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending