The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SydneyKid
True, I go to an Australian school and two people in my grade have applied for Trinity Law :tongue: I'm sure you will be amazing good luck in interview!

Australian applicants genuinely scare me. I've met some in the past, and they've all had almost full marks in whatever exams you guys do and been amazing socialites...

Feeling a bit like Ron Burgundy now..
maxresdefault.jpg
Original post by bored565
Australian applicants genuinely scare me. I've met some in the past, and they've all had almost full marks in whatever exams you guys do and been amazing socialites...

In Australia we have system where 50% of a grade is based upon our internal rank and 50% on our final exams. The internal rank is decided based upon about five or six assessments, so 50% of our final grade requires us to continuously battle it out hunger games style for about 8 months for the best rank we can :tongue:
College stats still not published?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bored565

Hahahah Australian applicant represent :cool:
Hello everyone !!
I just found the thread,
I'm from Morocco and applied to Kings College for Economics ..
I was wondering whether some of you here are also applying to Kings and for those who are already studying in Cambridge, how did the interview go ? Especially for humanities, what sort of questions do they ask you ?
Original post by houdhoud1997
Hello everyone !!
I just found the thread,
I'm from Morocco and applied to Kings College for Economics ..
I was wondering whether some of you here are also applying to Kings and for those who are already studying in Cambridge, how did the interview go ? Especially for humanities, what sort of questions do they ask you ?

Questions, regardless of subject, vary year upon year, and college to college - so whatever past economics applicants my say, they won't likely be of any help whatsoever! It's how the interviews are designed - so no one can be at an advantage, really.
Original post by ZaynahM
No one got accepted for PBS at Pembroke last year lmao

Are you sure?

According to http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
2013 : 22 applications, 3 offers, 2 accepted
2014 : 15 applications, 3 offers, no acceptance data yet

There is no 2014 acceptance data for any courses/college published yet, not just PBS and/or Pembroke.
Original post by jneill
Are you sure?

According to http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
2013 : 22 applications, 3 offers, 2 accepted
2014 : 15 applications, 3 offers, no acceptance data yet

There is no 2014 acceptance data for any courses/college published yet, not just PBS and/or Pembroke.

Apparently the data will be published soon according to previous year publishing times. Most likely some time this week, if not today.
Original post by Elcor
Apparently the data will be published soon according to previous year publishing times. Most likely some time this week, if not today.

Yep, was 4th Nov last year... :bebored:
Original post by Paralove
Last year I overlooked one piece of info I had to send, only realising on the evening. I emailed through a scanned copy and sent the document by special delivery post the next morning. They were fine with it but really, it could be different at other colleges. You have no reason to miss the deadline, so just get it all in.

I am going to but the postal services where Iive are terrible,so I am just wondering in case my documents get lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
I am going to but the postal services where Iive are terrible,so I am just wondering in case my documents get lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're in the UK you should be able to send it recorded delivery, so that it has to be signed for and you are also able to track it. If not, they usually say to include a stamped, addressed postcard or similar they can send back just to show they've received it.
My delivery was recorded, I checked the website today and it gives you proof it arrived
x

About the book I mentioned in my PS and the ones I said I was reading in my SAQ: what could they ask me about them? How do they integrate prior reading into an interview? I'm an MML applicant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HeyThereHarry
About the book I mentioned in my PS and the ones I said I was reading in my SAQ: what could they ask me about them? How do they integrate prior reading into an interview? I'm an MML applicant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally, I wasn't asked about the ones I had mentioned specifically, but they did ask what I was reading at the time. You just kind of talk about it - some people from what I heard went into some depth and others didn't, with a second year saying she actually ended up talking about a book she was doing in English lit. It really depends on the person interviewing you. At least half of my interview was focused on the text they give you just before you go in, because they want to see how you approach it and the way you think especially when it's a very literature heavy course.
Reply 1994
If you're in the UK you should be able to send it recorded delivery, so that it has to be signed for and you are also able to track it. If not, they usually say to include a stamped, addressed postcard or similar they can send back just to show they've received it.

As we now how the wonderful technology of e-mail, I sometimes wonder why some places still insist on snail mail for a simple confirmation of receipt :rolleyes:
Original post by alow
As we now how the wonderful technology of e-mail, I sometimes wonder why some places still insist on snail mail for a simple confirmation of receipt :rolleyes:

Hahaha I know! Probably much less effort for admissions tutors to not do emails though...
I really hope my interview is spontaneous and doesn't really rely much on my a levels. Really hoping for an extract in my History interview (If i get one). I work well with new information, hate rehearsing answers and things like that- it makes me more nervous.
I keep getting excited to come home, in case I get a letter from Cambridge, but there's still nothing...
I have an interview omg!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I have an interview omg!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done! where and for what course?

Latest

Trending

Trending