The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rainybird
Anyone got any engineering interviews or offers yet?

Got my first offer from Bath yesterday :biggrin::biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 381
Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY
I have been asked to submit two essays by my college this morning - due on 31st. Seems like it can be on anything at all, and no indication of a word count is given either. Anyone else been asked this or have experience of this?

Which college was this?
Original post by Jasey
Which college was this?

Lucy Cavendesh
deadline for SAQ is tomorrow and really need to know if:

we are meant to put our grades, units ect for General Studies on the SAQ or not?!?!!?!?!?

Please help
Original post by CVK Abhiroop
Congrats :biggrin:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lucy Cavendesh

I have to submit some essays for History @ Corpus Christi. I was told 1500-2500 words. Best to check with your college administrator though.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I have to submit some essays for History @ Corpus Christi. I was told 1500-2500 words. Best to check with your college administrator though.

Okay thanks for the advice
I have been asked to submit two essays by my college this morning - due on 31st. Seems like it can be on anything at all, and no indication of a word count is given either. Anyone else been asked this or have experience of this?

Yes, I got the same email this morning also.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by abigai11
deadline for SAQ is tomorrow and really need to know if:

we are meant to put our grades, units ect for General Studies on the SAQ or not?!?!!?!?!?

Please help

Yes, it's still an AS Level.
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Was that STEM subjects though? The Pembroke website says 88% for STEM, but 70% for Arts.

Yeah I guess. Still though, that anybody with over 95% gets rejected is a scary statistic. Particularly for me as I'm pretty sure no-one with 0 GCSE A*s has ever got in.

The Pembroke website, the Churchill one is really similar!

But you've surely not read nothing about your subject... Maybe it's different with science.

Possible, but the Arts stats are similar and they have no such standardised tests. But yeah I figure interview is most important!

i dont think cambridge care much about gcse's. Btw people have got in with 0 A*s at gcse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Haha

Yes teeth and all

In the extra forms for christ's what have you put about external funding? are you from uk? I am not an international student but these questions are confusing...
Original post by physicsmaths
i dont think cambridge care much about gcse's. Btw people have got in with 0 A*s at gcse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge definitely care about gcses, they just care more about aleveld and ums, and care less compared to oxford
Anyone know when Cambridge start sending out interview invites?
In regards to qualifications; I have 6 A*'s 3A's and 1B which in comparison to many elite applicants is less than usual. However, I have a 96% ums average - would this make up for it?

thanks a lot,

:smile:

james
Original post by bethanyyyy
Anyone know when Cambridge start sending out interview invites?

In the email I received from King's, they mentioned invites (at least for King's) will be issued in the latter half of November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I tell you you'll choose the other date :tongue: 12th for me.

I chose chemistry! Well I forgot to tell them chemistry so I had to send an email to someone... Idek Who

Turns out my band's got a gig on the 12th so I'll be going on the 19th. :tongue: (Not avoiding you at all...)

Haha, I think I'm probably going to choose Chemistry. If you're going the week before you could tell me what to expect and whether it's actually worth going down for. :redface:
Emma said I have to send them a UMS statement of results, is that just the piece of paper I got on results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so :frown: and whaaaaaaat? Source?
Original post by 3LostContinents
Emma said I have to send them a UMS statement of results, is that just the piece of paper I got on results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, has to be signed by your exams officer.
If I tell you you'll choose the other date :tongue: 12th for me.

I chose chemistry! Well I forgot to tell them chemistry so I had to send an email to someone... Idek Who

I'm going on the 12th, going to Biochemistry though because I applied for that rather than NatSci. Might see you there :smile: (not that I will actually know seeing as idk what you look like)

Latest

Trending

Trending