The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gGinaa
Lol i still havent received anything from queens either

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also applying to Queens but still haven't heard anything back from them yet apart from the generic SAQ stuff, so I might send the admissions office an email asking about these documents in the next couple of days. What course are applying for?
Original post by aworldalone
I just didn't revise nor listen in lessons. Didn't do too bad to be fair, although I regret not working hard.

Ahhh... You're alright! Don't worry, if you get an interview, they'll probably ask you those weird reasoning questions and you'll be okay with that (im assuming) so just look forward to proving your philosophical mathematical riddle skills.

Yeah me too to be honest, I sort of have extenuating circumstances, but I got 0 A*s and it's pretty hard to top that in terms of poor GCSEs :colondollar:

I'm over the threshold, so I think so, I'm assuming you are too. But yeah I hope so! They're fun anyway, so even if I do terribly it'll be a good laugh! :smile:
Still haven't received a college allocation :eek: Shouldn't those be out by now?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Yeah me too to be honest, I sort of have extenuating circumstances, but I got 0 A*s and it's pretty hard to top that in terms of poor GCSEs :colondollar:

I'm over the threshold, so I think so, I'm assuming you are too. But yeah I hope so! They're fun anyway, so even if I do terribly it'll be a good laugh! :smile:

How long after you sent in forms did you get a confirmation out of interest?
around what time do we find out about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
around what time do we find out about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently mid to late November
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Apparently mid to late November

klkl, gna be some time yet. Need something to do meanwhile

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long after you sent in forms did you get a confirmation out of interest?

Quite soon after to be honest, a couple of days? Th UMS took a bit longer, but I've got it now and I didn't even send it with a letter saying what it was.
Quite soon after to be honest, a couple of days? Th UMS took a bit longer, but I've got it now and I didn't even send it with a letter saying what it was.

Ah that's fine. I think they'd have got mine yesterday

Oh they gave it back?
Ah that's fine. I think they'd have got mine yesterday

Oh they gave it back?

No, I didn't mean that. Why, are you sending your only copy?
No, I didn't mean that. Why, are you sending your only copy?

Nope! I sent a print out:smile:
Reply 551
Original post by bored565
Ngl thought I was doing quite well to be on 95.75... Then the people with 99-100 come along :s-smilie:

There might well be quite a lot of truth bending and scare mongering going on. I'm pretty sure that 95 puts you in the top quartile of even the "competitive" subjects.
There probably aren't more than 25 people each year who get above 99% average, and of those I suspect a strong majority will be those who did double maths, physics (and/or maybe chemistry).
Reply 552
Anyone else getting really frustrated at having not received a single thing from their college choice!?
Original post by R T
There might well be quite a lot of truth bending and scare mongering going on. I'm pretty sure that 95 puts you in the top quartile of even the "competitive" subjects.
There probably aren't more than 25 people each year who get above 99% average, and of those I suspect a strong majority will be those who did double maths, physics (and/or maybe chemistry).

What would any of use get out of 'truth bending'?

I'm sure there are plenty of people each year who get such an average.
Reply 554
Original post by Navo D.
Still haven't received a college allocation :eek: Shouldn't those be out by now?

Hey there fellow open applicant! Me too...i sent the admission office an email asking about this yesterday but they said the allocated college will contact me shortly,however they are unable to provide me with the information
Reply 555
Original post by TJLJT
Hey there fellow open applicant! Me too...i sent the admission office an email asking about this yesterday but they said the allocated college will contact me shortly,however they are unable to provide me with the information

Eh? I already received an email stating that my application has been sent to clare. I made an open app as well :biggrin:
Original post by TJLJT

Oh phew, maybe the college we've been allocated to hasn't sent stuff out yet?

Original post by regsyl
Eh? I already received an email stating that my application has been sent to clare. I made an open app as well :biggrin:

Well I guess I can rule off Clare as a college I might have been allocated to then :tongue:

Just to confirm, getting allocated to an "oversubscribed" or "undersubscribed" college will in no way affect my chances right?
Part of me regrets not applying to Girton, but then I love my college... Just makes me think it would be a total bummer to be allocated, post-pool, to an unpopular college that you didn't like, if one that you did had spaces.

Girton irritates me because it's not symmetrical :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 558
Original post by Navo D.

Just to confirm, getting allocated to an "oversubscribed" or "undersubscribed" college will in no way affect my chances right?

But I thought you will only get allocated to a college which has a lower number of applicants for your course that year?
Original post by regsyl
But I thought you will only get allocated to a college which has a lower number of applicants for your course that year?

Yes, but we can't predict which colleges will have fewer applicants than usual that year. I've known people be allocated to Downing, Selwyn and Sidney Sussex, even though the most common would be Murray Edwards, Girton and Homerton.

Latest

Trending

Trending