The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Isn't that auto pool then. It must be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no it isnt cos maths and fm are combined so my top 3 are 98,98 and 80 so top 3 average is 92
Original post by beastblue
lol no econ fm and maths I got 98 and german I got 80

Phew!
I doubt if Economists are going to be desperately worried about German. They would prefer your 92% UMS than somebody whose Maths and FM was 90% bumped up to 93% by a near irrelevant A2. (You just have to hope the guy who also got 100% in French didn't apply!)
If you interviewed well you will get an offer from your college. Most Economists who get pooled don't get an offer. There are just too many of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DomStaff
When I was in my interviews I could see the information they had on me.

They had all my GCSEs on the front page, BUT, just my maths and further maths (applying for maths); physics and Spanish weren't there.

So, when interviewing you they wouldn't see that, which probably means they don't care.

I hate to disillusion you but most interviewers can read beyond one sheet of A4. Whilst your relevant UMS are the single most important thing when it comes to the final decisions they look at everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So basically if we haven't heard by the 8th... It's a rejection or an offer.

Gah

No one hears before January 10th.
no it isnt cos maths and fm are combined so my top 3 are 98,98 and 80 so top 3 average is 92

im sure theyll see beyond that though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Colmans
Of course this year people who get rejected will never know if they were pooled unless they get selected for re-interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Autopool or not they would know. The christs admissions tutor stated, on TSR, that on the 10th the outcome written in your letter will be one of the following:

-Offer from your college
-Pooled, but offer from another college
-Pooled, but subsequently rejected
-Straight rejection
-Pooled and fished for re-interview.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by physicsmaths
im sure theyll see beyond that though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully cos my interview went pretty badly
Original post by frigg113
No one hears before January 10th.

Not true
Original post by Colmans
Phew!
I doubt if Economists are going to be desperately worried about German. They would prefer your 92% UMS than somebody whose Maths and FM was 90% bumped up to 93% by a near irrelevant A2. (You just have to hope the guy who also got 100% in French didn't apply!)
If you interviewed well you will get an offer from your college. Most Economists who get pooled don't get an offer. There are just too many of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have statistics to back that up?

Original post by Colmans
I hate to disillusion you but most interviewers can read beyond one sheet of A4. Whilst your relevant UMS are the single most important thing when it comes to the final decisions they look at everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Disillusion me? I don't care, if anything it makes me look better haha.

For maths all they care about is your ability to do maths (I don't think either of my interviewers read my PS, as I said I had learnt some 2nd year and 3rd year stuff, so I was expecting them to quiz me on that and he also asked me if I sat UKMT stuff when I explicitly said I was going to on my PS).

He even said to me 'I don't know what rumours you've heard but all we care about is if you can do maths'.

I think the idea of taking irrelevant subjects into account is when they aren't sure about you and someone else...

If someone is an amazing mathematician you think they're gonna be arsed he got 80% in history and 80% in PE? No, I thought not.
Not true

It is true, the whole point of the changed system this year is so that as many people as possible hear the final decision on the same day.

I would like to know why you think its not true.
It is true, the whole point of the changed system this year is so that as many people as possible hear the final decision on the same day.

I would like to know why you think its not true.

Can you not read?

If people have been pooled and recalled to interview, they'll have that before the 8th January.

So if we haven't heard back, it's either an offer or a rejection.
Can you not read?

If people have been pooled and recalled to interview, they'll have that before the 8th January.

So if we haven't heard back, it's either an offer or a rejection.

Perhaps I have mised this, bht where is it said/who told you that re-interviewed people will have to hear back by 8th January. I agree Cambridge will have finalised who is being re-interviewed by this time, but where does it say that these decisions will be communicated before the official decision date of Jan 10th
Perhaps I have mised this, bht where is it said/who told you that re-interviewed people will have to hear back by 8th January. I agree Cambridge will have finalised who is being re-interviewed by this time, but where does it say that these decisions will be communicated before the official decision date of Jan 10th

Cambridge document a few pages back.
Anyone else focusing on all the times they seemed f***ing stupid in interview and feeling like they got 2s or 3s?

I've got exactly the same but with french instead aha
What college did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cambridge document a few pages back.

My apologies - I did not see this. I shall have a look now
What's the likelihood of being fished from the pool?
Winter Pool 2015 document:
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/publications/docs/winterpool_2015.pdf

In other words, you'll hear on the 7th/8th if you've been fished and invited for re interview. 9th Jan onwards you'll hear whether you've got an offer or not.

Last year about 3 in 10 people were made an offer from the Pool
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CaitlinDy
What's the likelihood of being fished from the pool?

Pretty high for you I think. Because it's trinity and they'll probably be clawing over you lol
If we live in cambridge right near the uni, can we just pick up our letter on the 9th before it is posted?

Latest

Trending

Trending