The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cerlohee
I am!

Awesome! What are you applying for :smile:
Original post by k4l397
:O I am we should definitely meet up there :P (although you probably know that)

We totally should seeing as we are getting a lift together xD
Original post by sr-96
Do you have to apply for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was done through my sixth form so they emailed the college about the applicants and the head of sixth form asked us then replied saying we would all attend
Original post by rachelc142
Awesome! What are you applying for :smile:

Natural Sciences! Are you a lawyer?

Original post by sr-96
Do you have to apply for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your school had to apply for you, but the deadline was the 23rd!
In 2011, just over 20% of applicants were placed in the winter pool meaning that at most, only 20% of applicants had UMS averages of over 93%.
I think it's crazy that the poll shows almost 70% have UMS averages over 93% on tsr!!

But what about all the people with UMS averages over 93% who were made straight offers?
Original post by Chief Wiggum
But what about all the people with UMS averages over 93% who were made straight offers?

I thought that didn't make sense. That would be why lol

EDIT: But still accounting for the 20% of people made offers, that's 40% max, and probably a lot less than that. Still a substantial difference!
(edited 9 years ago)
Anybody going to the interview prep day at Clare next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is it?

EDIT: Nvm, I see the deadline has passed:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
I thought that didn't make sense. That would be why lol

EDIT: But still accounting for the 20% of people made offers, that's 40% max, and probably a lot less than that. Still a substantial difference!

140 or so self selecting people on TSR are not representative of the 16,000 typical Cambridge applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
When is it?

Tuesday the 4th :smile:
Natural Sciences! Are you a lawyer?

Nooo I'm a physnatsci !
Tuesday the 4th :smile:

I think I'm eligible but this is the first I've heard of it and apparently the deadline was 3 days ago. Oh well:rolleyes:.
Original post by jneill
140 or so self selecting people on TSR are not representative of the 16,000 typical Cambridge applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the point that I was trying to make. There is such a huge gap.
Like most of the people that I know applying for cambridge have just under 90%, with the highest having 94. And I don't go to a bad school.
Nooo I'm a physnatsci !

Ah me too! Which college are you for? I'm for Queens' :smile:
Ah me too! Which college are you for? I'm for Queens' :smile:

I was changing constantly between fitz and emma then eventually went for trinity hall xD soooo nervous haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08rdiss
I went for enzymes as catalysts as I've actually studied that, I don't really know much about most of the others :s-smilie:

Ah okay, I was debating that one. Half the topics are ones I love, half ones I absolutely hate so it's easy to narrow the choice down a bit!

Are you doing any extra research?
Yeah, the point that I was trying to make. There is such a huge gap.
Like most of the people that I know applying for cambridge have just under 90%, with the highest having 94. And I don't go to a bad school.

As others have said. Self selecting and tiny sample and a rather rosy view of how Cambridge will calculate some peoples UMS ( best 3, best 4, most relevant, excluding FM modules taken etc)
(edited 9 years ago)
You know how people who do well at interview but don't get in due to 'poor UMS marks' when they ask Cambridge? What kind of marks do these people have (especially for natural sciences)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 997
Original post by BP_Tranquility
You know how people who do well at interview but don't get in due to 'poor UMS marks' when they ask Cambridge? What kind of marks do these people have (especially for natural sciences)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If someone's ums is below ninety it begins to worry them, below 85 and its extremely difficult to get in
Got offers from Exeter and Bristol for History!! I'm an international, has anyone else heard about history yet?
All this talk about how they calculate UMS is worrying. I have 93 % biology, 96% english, 99% psychology. Surely that would just be 96%?

Latest

Trending

Trending