The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hiya, philosophy! i could pull one of my exam papers i sat in AS but i think that might breach some rules or something, deadline is 15th thats 2 weeks away!
Reply 1581
Original post by rysemo
okay guys, i need help! I got an interview confirmation today (on halloween of all the days) but im being asked to send two pieces of essays from school. I moved house over the holidays and i have no work, and my school havent set us essays just yet! what do i do? i have summer essays i did for some of my classes but i dont know if its sufficient because it is unmarked! help please!!

Your best shot is the summer essays and getting them marked, otherwise let your teachers know of the situation and depending on the deadline try and get something done quickly (but put most of your attention on it so it's good).

Also, how have you got an interview already!? Which college and did they send you a letter or something
Original post by dancinginglitter
Ah okay that sounds pretty solid :smile: how much time are you spending on preparation for interview in comparison with your school work then?

Oh not much really, I'd say outside of school 9-3 every weekday I do 2/3 hours a night of school work and tend to spend all day Saturday and sunday on revision/wider reading. So maybe 1:3 parts of my time spent on interview prep / a2 work respectively?
Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Oh not much really, I'd say outside of school 9-3 every weekday I do 2/3 hours a night of school work and tend to spend all day Saturday and sunday on revision/wider reading. So maybe 1:3 parts of my time spent on interview prep / a2 work respectively?
Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool. Woah that's so much work, I am not doing anywhere near that much! :s-smilie: helps a lot, thank you!!
hi jasey, yh i was surprised it was this early, i was told you get a confirmation for interviews at the end of November or early December. They said in an earlier email they dont send letters anymore and any supporting documents for your application must be emailed.
Reply 1585
Original post by rysemo
hi jasey, yh i was surprised it was this early, i was told you get a confirmation for interviews at the end of November or early December. They said in an earlier email they dont send letters anymore and any supporting documents for your application must be emailed.

That's peculiar, i'm not expecting to hear anything until the end of November myself. Which college sorry?
st catherines, you?
Reply 1587
Original post by rysemo
st catherines, you?

I went for Pembroke. Oh right the other guy on this thread who went back went for Catz too, guess they're responding quickly!
Ah cool. Woah that's so much work, I am not doing anywhere near that much! :s-smilie: helps a lot, thank you!!

If it's any consolation I'm really not that clever and have to work very hard for the marks I attain, so I probably have to put more hours in than the average student on here because, well, they are generally smarter than me xD
Also my interviews need to go well for any hope of an offer seeing as my ums avg is below 90% :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's any consolation I'm really not that clever and have to work very hard for the marks I attain, so I probably have to put more hours in than the average student on here because, well, they are generally smarter than me xD
Also my interviews need to go well for any hope of an offer seeing as my ums avg is below 90% :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha oh my god I'm exactly the same - I have to do SO much to get the same as other people who are applying :P it's annoying eh? :/ I hardly got any homework this half term but I've left it all to this weekend because I've been doing extra work all this time!! haha, such a pain :/
Yeah I feel like I should have done a lot more than I have done :/. Have you already applied? What are you applying for? Because I'm applying for English Lit, I have generally just been reading texts and then analysing them in my head/writing various notes down about them. But it's hard because now I feel as though I need to massively expand on everything I've written in my personal statement as well as things I've written about in my written work and then some things extra to show what I've done since then! So much to think about! :s-smilie:

Yes! The deadline has passed so if I hadn't I'd be pretty f**ked :smile:

I'm applying for Philosophy. Yeah I've got a similar problem, I mentioned loads of stuff in my PS so I need to make sure I know it really well. I mostly spoke about stuff I've read several times though so it shouldn't be a big deal for me.

I had a friend who applied for English last year, I think she had quite a lot of preliminary reading to do as well. Do you know if your college does that (for the interview)? But I'm sure you'll be fine otherwise. I get the impression that you just need to be able to speak passionately about your subject.
Original post by Askaway
What subject do you have to send essays for and also I did, and they just said follow the instructions and it is up to me?

Ooh I've got to send economics ones

Maybe you could ask your head of sixth form or Oxbridge teacher if you have one what they think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

They may be smarter,
Or less honest.

Difficult to tell.

Good luck
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Ooh I've got to send economics ones

Maybe you could ask your head of sixth form or Oxbridge teacher if you have one what they think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good idea, thanks!
Anyone got any interview invitation for engineering or chemical engineering at Cambridge?
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I got an email today for some economics ones, literally no idea what to send gah

What subject have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya! Yeah, just got an e-mail this morning too ahaha. I'm applying for HSPS and I have to send two essays (related to studies if possible lol) I'm gonna send two Philo & Ethics cuz that's my only essay subject in english ahah

What were you thinking?
Original post by JustHolly
Yeah,I got asked an hour ago by Queens :smile: What are you applying for?

Yeah me too just this morning! I'm applying for HSPS! Have to send two essays :-)

How about you?
My college asked me to send essays for the application; do you know if they decide on interviews after they'd read them?
Original post by TheAnnabelle
Heya! Yeah, just got an e-mail this morning too ahaha. I'm applying for HSPS and I have to send two essays (related to studies if possible lol) I'm gonna send two Philo & Ethics cuz that's my only essay subject in english ahah

What were you thinking?

I'm trying to decide whether sending an economics past paper essay is acceptable, I think I'll ask my econ teacher on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick update on the essay situation, found some essay plans and essay copies from AS unit 1 Economics as well as some A2 essay plans for philosophy. Found them on a backup cd!!! A CD!!! Must have been when my laptop broke. Anyway does anyone know how we are meant to send our essays, by post or email? Some of essays are in PDF scanned format! Thanks and good luck people!!

Latest

Trending

Trending