The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by Elcor
Be my college wife at Pembroke if we both get in? xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes... I will be your male wife xx
Also, Churchill has a lot of green in it. Sports fields, free gym access. And it was created by Winston Churchill! A college devoted to scientists/engineers - I love how it sells itself. Also, I bet 99.9% of you people complaining about Churchill would not hesitate to accept an offer from it if you were pooled there!
Go Churchill! Or, actually, Forward Churchill! (Very few people will get this)
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Also, Churchill has a lot of green in it. Sports fields, free gym access. And it was created by Winston Churchill! A college devoted to scientists/engineers - I love how it sells itself. Also, I bet 99.9% of you people complaining about Churchill would not hesitate to accept an offer from it if you were pooled there!
Go Churchill! Or, actually, Forward Churchill! (Very few people will get this)

I actually rather liked Churchill, don't see what the hate on this thread is about :confused:
Original post by aersh8
What did you get overall and in P3? The papers were evil!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you do CIE?
Original post by newblood
I actually rather liked Churchill, don't see what the hate on this thread is about :confused:

I'm as confused as you are lol
Reply 1785
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Kind of wishing I applied to Jesus :lol:

I don't know why... Oh Well :colone:

I've been starting to think the same thing, it was a close call between that and Pembroke for me
Original post by aersh8
What did you get overall and in P3? The papers were evil!

Posted from TSR Mobile

80.67%! p3 was a joke, my school robbed us of a good grade as they gave us no direction. I wrote 30 sides of A4 and got a B, 45/60. Highest mark in year was 53/60 and he wrote half the depth of what me and my friends wrote; all of which applied to Oxbridge.

Dropped Physics and picked up AS FM! It dragged down my UMS average by a colossal amount

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jasey
I've been starting to think the same thing, it was a close call between that and Pembroke for me

Ah well! Probably would have got pooled anyway (me not you)
People love comparing how hard the exam board they did was in comparison to all the other boards :laugh:

In other news, it turns out my integration skills have become pretty rusty, which is a big problem. Gotta get working to fix that. Similarly with circuit analysis stuff.

Damn summer holidays!
English applicants how are you preparing for interview?
Apparently Fitz have an agreement that their students get to eat at Pembroke for the same price as actual Pembroke students.

If I get in, I may subtly be on the lookout for Pembroke friends... :wink:
Original post by Jasey

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ah well! Probably would have got pooled anyway (me not you)

Jesus looks sooo good, I wanted to apply! Feeling your pain guys. They mentioned Maths on their page though so it wasn't worth the risk for me.
Original post by Necrosyrtes
People love comparing how hard the exam board they did was in comparison to all the other boards :laugh:

In other news, it turns out my integration skills have become pretty rusty, which is a big problem. Gotta get working to fix that. Similarly with circuit analysis stuff.

Damn summer holidays!

Agree with the integration, mine's rusty too! Especially for trig functions. And some boards are harder. CIE Further Maths destroys any other board on the subject! (Not because I do it but because it's obvious just by comparing papers). Every module is compulsory.
Did you do CIE?

No, edexcel international variant :smile:
Reply 1794
Agree with the integration, mine's rusty too! Especially for trig functions. And some boards are harder. CIE Further Maths destroys any other board on the subject! (Not because I do it but because it's obvious just by comparing papers). Every module is compulsory.

MEI is worse. Not that I did it (thankfully).
Original post by alow
MEI is worse. Not that I did it (thankfully).

How can you have worse than all modules being compulsory :P
Original post by EHZ17
80.67%! p3 was a joke, my school robbed us of a good grade as they gave us no direction. I wrote 30 sides of A4 and got a B, 45/60. Highest mark in year was 53/60 and he wrote half the depth of what me and my friends wrote; all of which applied to Oxbridge.

Dropped Physics and picked up AS FM! It dragged down my UMS average by a colossal amount

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes sense, we hadn't done a single physics practical last year! We sat the alternative paper which actually asks for the tiniest practical details so it was pretty much a guessing game for us when it's supposed to be the easiest paper.

Yeah I'm loathing physics this year. Last year's topics (unit 1 namely) were quite interesting especially since I love materials but this year it is suicidal...

I'm teaching myself AS further maths this year too! :P

It is true that some exam boards may be harder than others. Which one is hardest though, often depends on who you ask, and it almost always seems to be the one they are doing.
Reply 1798
How can you have worse than all modules being compulsory :P

The content of MEI FP3. It's ****ing horrendous for an A Level.
Original post by Necrosyrtes
It is true that some exam boards may be harder than others. Which one is hardest though, often depends on who you ask, and it almost always seems to be the one they are doing.

It's true. But the fact that I've done Edexcel and CIE gives me the advantage of being able to compare both from personal experience!

Completely irrelevant to what we are talking about: how are you preparing for your interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending