The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey offer holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by SophieStanbridge
Me too! Congrats on your offer :biggrin: so I guess we'll be in the same lectures/seminars!! Have you applied for halls yet?

Omg yaay I found someone that will be doing the same course as me!! And thankyou soo much, congrats to you too! Yeah I guess we will be in the same lectures and seminars! :biggrin: I'm so happy to find you hahaha, I really want to make friends before I start! And yeah I applied ages ago, have you? I guess they will reply back after results day
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Rose96_
Omg yaay I found someone that will be doing the same course as me!! And thankyou soo much, congrats to you too! Yeah I guess we will be in the same lectures and seminars! :biggrin: I'm so happy to find you hahaha, I really want to make friends before I start! And yeah I applied ages ago, have you? I guess they will reply back after results day

Haha omg me too!! Yeah applied a while ago but I keep getting paranoid that I have somehow done something wrong and I wont get a place! Fingers crossed for band D though :P so are you finishing college now or did you take a gap year?
Reply 282
Haha omg me too!! Yeah applied a while ago but I keep getting paranoid that I have somehow done something wrong and I wont get a place! Fingers crossed for band D though :P so are you finishing college now or did you take a gap year?

Hahaha don't worry I'm sure everything will be fine and we will all get a reply back soon after results day, I cannot waittt!! So excited :biggrin: I chose the band E rooms hopefully we will be given our first choice ! And I chose to do a gap year, I received an unconditional offer
Original post by Rose96_
Hahaha don't worry I'm sure everything will be fine and we will all get a reply back soon after results day, I cannot waittt!! So excited :biggrin: I chose the band E rooms hopefully we will be given our first choice ! And I chose to do a gap year, I received an unconditional offer

Oh wow well done! Same with me!! What did you get up to this year? I've been working for John Lewis as an apprentice but have finished now so I've got some time off before we start! :smile:
Reply 284
Oh wow well done! Same with me!! What did you get up to this year? I've been working for John Lewis as an apprentice but have finished now so I've got some time off before we start! :smile:

I'm working for Topshop but I'm going to leave in 3 weeks so I have time to prepare and get ready for uni, I also need a break for myself hahaha! What did you study in college ?
Original post by Rose96_
I'm working for Topshop but I'm going to leave in 3 weeks so I have time to prepare and get ready for uni, I also need a break for myself hahaha! What did you study in college ?

Oh nice the staff discount must be awesome :smile: I studied English Lit Lang and Double Travel and Tourism took Economics as an As but I was absolutely rubbish at it :P how about you?
Reply 286
Oh nice the staff discount must be awesome :smile: I studied English Lit Lang and Double Travel and Tourism took Economics as an As but I was absolutely rubbish at it :P how about you?

Performing Arts and Media, I'm kind of worried I will be the only one who hasn't studied travel and tourism, I'm scared I might struggle :frown: my Sixthform doesn't do Travel and tourism
Original post by Rose96_
Performing Arts and Media, I'm kind of worried I will be the only one who hasn't studied travel and tourism, I'm scared I might struggle :frown: my Sixthform doesn't do Travel and tourism

Nah I wouldn't worry at all, I think the style of learning and the course content is gonna be quite different. I have a friend that went this year to do the same course who had also taken double travel and said that most of it was quite different there were only a few bits that were similar and they were just taking the basic theory's that we had learnt and expanding on them :smile: worringly however she did say there was a whole unit on economics which I am not looking forward to in the slightest :P
Reply 288
Nah I wouldn't worry at all, I think the style of learning and the course content is gonna be quite different. I have a friend that went this year to do the same course who had also taken double travel and said that most of it was quite different there were only a few bits that were similar and they were just taking the basic theory's that we had learnt and expanding on them :smile: worringly however she did say there was a whole unit on economics which I am not looking forward to in the slightest :P

I hope I wouldn't struggle! :frown: I'm sure there will be people like me that hasn't done travel and tourism in college. Economicsssss!!! Whatttt noooo :frown: I hate economics! Hahaha I don't think anyone will be happy about this :biggrin: I really wouldn't enjoy it at all!
Original post by Rose96_
I hope I wouldn't struggle! :frown: I'm sure there will be people like me that hasn't done travel and tourism in college. Economicsssss!!! Whatttt noooo :frown: I hate economics! Hahaha I don't think anyone will be happy about this :biggrin: I really wouldn't enjoy it at all!

To be fair I don't really remember anything from last year 😂 No I'm sure you'll be fine as you say I'm sure they'll be a lot of people in the same position. I think the units called the business of tourism but I'm not sure! Yeah we can all just struggle through it together :smile: are you gonna do the placement year?
Reply 290
To be fair I don't really remember anything from last year 😂 No I'm sure you'll be fine as you say I'm sure they'll be a lot of people in the same position. I think the units called the business of tourism but I'm not sure! Yeah we can all just struggle through it together :smile: are you gonna do the placement year?

Hahaha yeah we can all struggle together :biggrin: I'm sure our first year will be great and not as hard, it will be more about getting to know the course / teachers and the other students, so far I just know you :biggrin: and yeah I really want to do the placement year! I think it will be a great experience
Original post by Rose96_
Hahaha yeah we can all struggle together :biggrin: I'm sure our first year will be great and not as hard, it will be more about getting to know the course / teachers and the other students, so far I just know you :biggrin: and yeah I really want to do the placement year! I think it will be a great experience

Yeah definitely! I think its gonna be a really great opportunity I'm hoping to spend the first semester of the second year abroad!! Fingers crossed in Canada :biggrin:
Reply 292
Yeah definitely! I think its gonna be a really great opportunity I'm hoping to spend the first semester of the second year abroad!! Fingers crossed in Canada :biggrin:

Me too! I was thinking to go to Dubai maybe, and I agree it's a really good opportunity and we are so lucky to be going to surrey! It's ranked 1st for hospitality and tourism :biggrin:
Original post by Rose96_
Me too! I was thinking to go to Dubai maybe, and I agree it's a really good opportunity and we are so lucky to be going to surrey! It's ranked 1st for hospitality and tourism :biggrin:

That would definitely be amazing! Not sure I could hack the weather there though! Even in October its still like 35.c!!
Anyone for MSc Information Systems..???
I am from india. It would be really helpful if someone could tell me u chose this course in this particular university.

I am in dilemma on choosing the university. I got my offer even in University of Sheffield for the same course. So please do help me out
Original post by Bucket_
Offer for Creative Music Technology - DDD

Should be my firm choice, I'm stoked! :biggrin: Anyone else applied/got offers for CMT?

Hi!

Yeah, I also chose this course as my firm choice!
Reply 296
Original post by carolinamik
Hi!

Yeah, I also chose this course as my firm choice!

Hey, that's awesome! Can't wait. I guess we'll be meeting pretty soon then! haha
Original post by kharr
does anyone know how long it takes to hear about the digital media arts course?

Hey! I've been wondering the same thing, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything back. How long have you been waiting for? I've been waiting about 2 months :smile:
Original post by livg96
Anybody doing veterinary biosciences? I really want to find people that are going to be on my course so I can know some people when i get there :biggrin:

I applied for biovet science! at Surrey (they want AAB though, so not sure about that one), Liverpool which is a bit more realistic, Bristol and the RVC for both biovet and nursing. Where did you apply? and whats your ideal uni?
Reply 299
I got my offer for Physics F303 today :biggrin: Conditional offer AAA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending