The Student Room Group

Surrey Offer holders

Is there a Surrey offer holders page?
Original post by Katyln101
Is there a Surrey offer holders page?

For Veterinary Medicine (which is where you've posted this), or generally? For general University of Surrey applications / offers, your best bet is the Official University of Surrey 2023 Applicant Thread. That's probably the best place for Veterinary Medicine too actually; there are several people on that thread who've reported receiving offers for that course.
Reply 2
My daughter has been accepted into vet med at Surrey. Can anyone advise if she will need a car during her 5 years if so when. We’re trying to work out whether to sell her car rather than it being sat and not used
Original post by JoHamilton
My daughter has been accepted into vet med at Surrey. Can anyone advise if she will need a car during her 5 years if so when. We’re trying to work out whether to sell her car rather than it being sat and not used

Not at Surrey myself but I use my car all holidays for placements - most I've done wouldn't have been accessible to me via public transport, and as vet students tend to do placements every Christmas, Easter and summer vacations I feel I'd struggle greatly without it. I don't know if Surrey students can keep their car at uni itself though.
Reply 4
Original post by JoHamilton

Hi, congrats to your daughter for getting into Surrey! I've just finished my first year there as a vet student and if you're living in halls in Stag Hill or Manor Park, you can't bring your car unless you have a specific reason eg a blue badge. You can bring a car if you're staying at Hazel farm. However, I found that it's easy to walk everywhere or get the bus, it costs £2 to Guildford town centre if you're staying at Manor Park so I didn't feel like I missed having my car. It is useful for driving to placements in the holidays though, so I would recommended keeping it for that and you can bring the car with you in later years once you've moved out of halls and are living in Guildford.
Reply 5
This is really helpful thank you. I think we will sell the car for year 1 she can use mine in holidays with a view to buying another car for future years. Her current one will unlikely hold out for big journeys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending